Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Fancy Another Pint?

Click on image to enlarge

Today's card is the one I made for my husband's birthday. It's an 8" square made using two sheets of Stardream opal card. The stamps are from the create-a-scene pub set again. I stamped all the images onto another piece of stardream card and embossed with a detail ep I'll never be able to lay my hands on again! A few years ago, when detail eps first came onto the market, I ordered one each of gold, silver and black from an internet company. The silver and black were fine but the gold one wasn't - gold that is. It's a dark brown and I did consider sending it back but in the end decided to keep it and order another gold. Several years on, it has finally come into it's own with this - the colour is perfect! I've coloured the images using the Derwent inktense pencils this time and they look lovely on the stardream card. I designed the frame in the design master software and cut it out using the robo. The pub image was stamped onto a seperate piece of stardream and attached to the frame so that the whole could be raised on foam pads. The two half barrels have been attached with silicone glue so that I could shape them. The corners are cuttlebug and from the same card as the frame. I've used peel offs for the greeting because on this card, they will (carefully) peel off if he wants to use it as a picture.
I'm entering this card into what is sadly the last Arty Girlz Challenge for the forseeable future. I haven't been able to enter every week but Arty Girlz was one of the very first challenges I entered so defintitely didn't want to miss this one! The theme of the challenge is stamping.

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Ann - I wish you would stop using this stamp set though cause everytime I see a card you do it makes me want the set an I really mustn't buy anymore for the moment.

    It is very sad about Artygirlz - I'm the same as you - it was one of the first I entered. such a shame.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card ANN love the pub stamp it actually looks like a pub we have here called the lobster smack.

    Thanks for taking the time to join in with the challenges at Arty Girlz

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece of stamping on your card. Arty Girlz was the first challenge I ever entered too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really fantastic card. Hope hubby appreciates all the work you have put into making it.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Ann. Love the way you have decoupaged the barrels too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a wonderful card - a great stamp for a bloke! The colouring is lovely and subtle. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another super card Ann - I bet Tom was delighted with it!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Ann, I bet Tom was thrilled with it. Like Ann said could you stop using this stamp cos every time I see it I want it too. Really musn't buy anymore at the moment, especially with holiday coming up soon
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Ann,this is stunning,you make these stamps your own,beautiful work,love it.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful card for a guy...and I love the stamp too. Its beautifully made x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Ann - love the little decoupaged barrels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann, another fabulous and gorgeous card.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Ann bet Tom loved it!! He has a very talented wife
    I also want these stamps now but i have to hang fire till my cheque comes through
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Ann, love the colours and the frame.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card ann as always just fantastic ideas for us all to share
    luv
    linniex

    ReplyDelete
  16. Superb card. I have this set of stamps and have made one card using them,seeing your design has now given me all sorts of ideas. Thank you.
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with some of the other comments about you putting temptation in our faces. The stamps are lovely and you've really done them justice.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ann your card is wonderful and Crissi is right it does look like a pub that is local to us

    Thank you so much for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenges, I will continue to visit your wonderful blog

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x