Monday, 16 March 2009

A is for..........Fun and Friendship!!

Before I share today's card with you, I want to take the opportunity to thank you all for the comments you leave me. I've always been amazed and delighted by the lovely things you say, but just recently have been overwhelmed by what you have to say. I was wondering if I rabbited on too much in my descriptions but your comments on the last posting have reassured me on that point. Thank you all very much.


Click on image to enlarge

Don't worry, I haven't decided to re-write the phonetic alphabet but fun and friendship are exactly what this card represents to me.
The inspiration for this card came from this month's Craft Stamper magazine and was part of an article on different ways to use the cuttlebug, written by the editor Katy. I've done things slightly differently but that's what it's all about isn't it?
The backing paper is my own created using red pepper alcohol ink. I put the top three quarters through the argyle folder and created a stamp from the same folder using cut n dry foam. This is one of the parts I changed from what Katy did because Katy used fun foam to create her stamp. I did the stamping with brilliance graphite black and like the distressed look it gives my bp. The A and white scalloped mat were cut out using the robo and put through the swiss dots folder and the apple image is one of my own drawings. I've turned this into a download again, printed it onto linen effect card and coloured it using inktense pencils. The embellishments are narrow black satin ribbon, a button and black flat back pearls. That's the fun part - the friendship part is because this is a 'just because' card destined for a friend with this initial.

I'm entering this card into these challenges:
Rainbow Lady's Challenge #51 - the letter A
Cute Daisy May Challenge - Button it!
The Pink Elephant - Buttons
Ooh-la-la Creations - Buttons and Brads and we can use either/or
Papertake Weekly - Feelin' Fruity

Thanks for dropping by today.


27 comments:

  1. Ann, another gorgeous card. Fantastic, I love it.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann that's lovely, I like your apple drawing but I especially like the backing paper, I'm sure your friend will love it.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card ann i love the apple idea thankyou for entering yhe cute daisy may challenge
    luv
    linnie
    the colours are super

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Ann that is fab! I love your background paper - it looks great! Well done doing all those challenges too! :) Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that paper its gorgeous and a lovely drawing of the apple
    thank you so much for joining in Ooh la la challenge this week
    Wendi & Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Ann, what a fabulous card. Your drawing is incredible - keep it coming
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!! Looks like alot of challenge blogs are doing buttons this week. How funny! But glad you were able to enter alot of them!
    I love what you did with the background. I might give the cut n dry foam a try. Thanks for the idea!
    Thanks for joining us at TPE this week.
    Robin
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card!! Love how you colored the Apple!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at TPE!!!

    HUGS~ LORi BOYD

    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Ann this is soo cool - I love the way you have used your expertise to combine so many skills. What a great card - I love it!!!

    Thanks for joining in again at the Pink Elephant - I love to see my special forum/blogging friends names pop up.

    It is funny how so many blogs are doing buttons - ours are planned months in advance (although some members of the team still choose to do their card at the last minute - red face here). what did you say about rambling?

    lol

    Ann xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely card Ann wish i could draw!! would make things a lot easier sometimes hehe.love the way youve done your backing paper,must find more me time for me
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann, you never cease to amaze me with your original ideas!
    I tend to just put a card together, but you design it in so much detail, making your own papers and stamps and using different medias to concoct something that is totally unique, exactly what crafting should all be about.
    Long may you reign and shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely card Ann and such a clever background. Absolutely love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ann,
    I love all the techniques you've used especially the background paper.
    Thanks for joining the Cute Daisy May challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card, love the colours.Anesha:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ann I love this card I find you are very inspirational and always have been I have learnt so much from your card making. I love the background and that apple looks good enough to eat.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ann Beautiful card and I love the colour. Thank you for joining us over at Cute Daisy May.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo, nice one Ann!!
    Love your BP and that amazing apple :-)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice Apple! A+ for this card!

    Yaneri

    ReplyDelete
  19. Huge grin on my face today as when I got back (note the word back is very important there and I am saying no more) from the post office the post had arrived and guess what ...

    The card was for me!!!

    I can't believe it and oh this card is so much better in real life. Ann the apple you drew is just amazing and the effect you have achieved with the inktense pencil well I can't believe what a fantastic effect you've got with them.
    Oh my I really need to practice my colouring!!!
    Thank you so much Ann - it made my day.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. very cute card! love the theme. I know a couple of teachers who would love a full srt like this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Ann. Love it. Thanks for the wonderful Birthday card too. Having good time - am in Library and it won't let me into my forum lol (pocket surfer died on me so no access all week) Please let everyone know and thanks for my cards that I got down here. Home tomorrow. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great card Ann - love all the texture! Thanks for joining the Daisy May Design Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A lovely card Ann ♥

    Thanks for joining the Cute Daisy May challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. A fabulously fruity card Ann love it. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x