Monday, 30 March 2009

Inspired by the Rainbow

Click on image to enlarge

The challenge at Gothic Arches this week has been set by my lovely friend Cynthia - aka, Rainbow Lady. I love making arches and this theme was such a pleasure to do.

Take only two colours from the rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet - in case you forgot), two rubber stamps and a Word of Inspiration’ and create something wonderful in your arch. (well, with my name I had to pick something from the rainbow didn’t I???).

I've chosen violet and green as my colours. My two stamps are a umount corner flourish and the iris is one of my own drawings turned into a digi stamp - I hope the digression from rubber will still count. The background was created using eggplant alcohol ink, the iris image was coloured using coloursoft pencils blended with baby oil and the stamping was done using versafine imperial purple. The only embellishments are the organza ribbon and violet and green crystals. The inspirational wording is from a sparkle n sprinkle oriental set.

Thank you for a fabulous challenge Cynthia, and thank you all for your visit today.

19 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Ann, your drawing is awesome. You should do some more and sell them on your website. I for one would buy some of them
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ann this is gorgeous.
    Really beautiful arch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's beautiful!! love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb arch Ann. I just love the irises and think you should get them made into stamps, you did the daffodil earlier - I see a set of flower stamps lol
    Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Arch Ann, I love your colour scheme. You should be pleased with your Iris and as Cynthia says you should be getting that and the Daffodil made into Stamps to sell on your Website.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Ann,the colours are gorgeous as are the Iris's. I agree with Cynthia re getting your own stamps produced for sale.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann what can I say but breathtaking,
    gorgeous, fantastic and so stunning.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely colour combination - I'd never have thought that it would work but of course it does in nature doesn't it!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw Ann this is lovely the colours and the image all work so well you are a very inspirational person and I am so glad that I know you.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is gorgeous Ann, you are so good at drawing flowers and I just love Iris.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant colours, Ann, love the flowers & the bow shows it all off perfectly!
    JudyNZ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous arch Ann. Love the colur and your iris is awsome.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ann, love your cards. I also visited your Tips and Tutorials Blog. I have only just started making to odd card and you have helped clear up some mistakes I have been making. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Cheers, Irene
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors youve chosen, Iris flowers have a charm all there own!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How Wonderful Ann. Your colouring is amazing. Quite Stunning. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Ann, how beautiful, gorgeous colours and the irises are amazing. Well done on creating your own digi stamp. Thanks for commenting on my latest card, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  17. for a girl who says she cant draw these are really wonderful ann once again thankyou for your inspiration
    luv
    linniex

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, love the the colours.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x