Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Inchie Gems for Dragon!

Click on image to enlarge

I've only ever made inchies once before and although I enjoyed doing them, I always seem to be needing to get something done for a purpose so tend to regard inchie challenges as a bit of a luxury that I'll 'get round to when I have time'. Not this week though, because this week the Inchy By Inch challenge has been set by guest designer, my lovely friend Frankie and I was determined to support her.
I'm very grateful to Frankie for this because I experimented and discovered lovely effects with embossing powders that I've had languishing in the cupboard for several years now. Frankie's challenge is to triple emboss our inchies. I managed to find 6 small stamps - 3 different flowers, a star, a heart and a chinese or japanese symbol (my apologies for not knowing which). I used black as a base colour on three of them and copper on two of them. With all of them I did three layers then sprinkled a small amount of a different ep onto the third (melted) layer, heating again before stamping and this is where it got interesting with the effects! Top middle and bottom left both had a lilac pearl added which is a very pale ep but just 'popped' on the black, top right and bottom middle both had a gold pearl on bronze - another very pale one normally. The same gold pearl was added to black for the bottom right and the top left has magic speckle (from Joanna Sheen) added. Magic speckle isn't like the eps we're used to, it's been developed to have a bumpy effect to create snow or to be sprinkled on top of double or triple embossing to give a tiny mosaic effect which is how I've used it here.
I've had great fun making these and will probably use them as charms on cards or maybe on ATCs - thank you Frankie!

15 comments:

  1. Well done Ann - they're gorgeous; I love the purple ones especially.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Wow and Wow Ann. They are beautiful. I think those will be well admired when out on a card. Well Done. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous inchies great job as always Ann. Thank you so much for leaving lovely comments on my blog comments always give me the insentive to carry on.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real little gems Ann! I admire anyone who creates inchies - too clumsy to do them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic Ann. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, Ann. I am SO pleased you got out your stuff because these are a real inspiration. And useful, too, now they are made!! Thanks for your continued support of myself, and for doing the InchyByInchy challenge this week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Ann these are gorgeous and stunning.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous inchies Ann - thanks for joining in - are you sure you can't be persuaded to become a regular? LOL!!! Thanks for joining in with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yours came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your inchies are gorgeous Ann
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Ann, love them all. Thanks to Frankie we have all done something a little different with our crafting this week.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really lovely pieces Ann. I look forward to seeing them as part of a larger projecty.
    Beeryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ann this is amazing i would just end up with a blob oh dear i must find time to practice this kind of crafting
    luv linniexxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This challenge sounds like it was a real challenge for some people but from what I see everyone did great including you. These turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x