Thursday, 26 March 2009

Favourite Things


Click on images to enlarge

The challenge at Charisma Cardz this week is:
My Favourite Things

So, for this challenge just make something using your favourite things. That could be a favourite technique, a style, papers, embellishments, images - whatever you like really. The thing we want you to do is Have Fun!

So I decided to take them at their word and have used favourite techniques (stamping and colouring) equipment (robo and cuttlebug) and card style. I did a gatefold card with recessed frame - you will find the tutorial for it on www.craftyann.com - but on this occasion I made it a 6" square rather than A5 which doesn't alter any of the other measurements in any way. The image on the inside is the baby forget-me-not fairy decoupage and the frame was made from blue mirri and simply embellished with a couple of pearls and blue crystals. The stamping on the front is the baby Messy Rabbit from Joanna sheen and has been coloured with coloursoft pencils blended using baby oil. I laid the colour down on the blanket fairly thickly then used the baby oil to blend which gave it a fabric look. The blue mirri mat was cut out with the robo and the corners are cuttlebug.
Thank you for your visit today.

17 comments:

  1. Wow Ann, this is a fabulous card. I love it and think I'm gonna have to get that Messy Rabbit
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann this is gorgeous - I've got to get that rabbit it is just so cute.

    Beautiful card - always love your work.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable baby rabbit, the card is stunning and I just love those corner swirls.
    The 2nd card is just as stunning Ann.....you are very clever.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, a fabulous card. I'm not a Messy fan, but he is so cute.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Ann, like Irene I am not a Messy fan but who have done it proud.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards ya messy rabbit is so cute, great work, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Ann and love your colouring technique with the baby oil, bet it leaves a wonderful aroma too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Ann - how lovely to see so many of your favourite things on one card. It is incredibly beautiful. Thanks so much for joining the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo Ann its gorgeous you have such great ideas I love it.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous Ann - I do love these recessed gate folds that you make. I really am gonna have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card Ann, great image
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann this is gorgeous. Hugs Rita xxx
    I have left you something on my Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two wonderful cards,really like the cute rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow stunning card.I love the image and the recessed gate fold.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. I've just checked out the tutorial for this type of card and it looks really interesting. Something else I'll have to try to find time for.He he.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card - I love the colours used!
    Thank you for joining in with the Charisma Cardz Challenge - good luck!
    Leanne :o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card, love the colours and the image too. Thanks for joining the challenge this week at Charisma
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x