Tuesday, 10 March 2009

30 Years!

Click on image to enlarge

I've had to wait to show you this card because it's for my swap partner on the Creating Rainbows Forum and I needed her to have it first so as not to spoil it for her. The theme for the swap was turquoise, pink and yellow. I decided the yellow part should be a flower and none of the rubber stamps I have seemed right for what I had in mind - so I decided to do something that I haven't done for 30 years and draw my own!! My art teacher at school had a very low opinion of my abilities and I've never had any training anywhere else but did have a phase during my late teens and early twenties when I messed about and did quite a bit. This is the first time I've done any since then and wasn't at all sure if I still could but figured that unless I tried I'd never know and the result is the image you see above. Having drawn it I took it into the computer and messed about in photoshop so that I could save just the outlines to have it for future use too so the image you see above is effectively a download I suppose. Having printed it off I coloured it using Derwent coloursoft pencils and also used their blender pencil to blend the colours together. the photo doesn't show it but these pencils have a lovely sheen to them.
I made both backing papers myself to get the colours I wanted. Both have been done using alcohol inks and the turquoise one was used just as it was. I scanned the pink one into the computer and played around in photoshop again to change it a bit. Having printed it off, I stamped on three of the squares using a Umount stamp for the swirls and a free magazine stamp for the sentiment. The small flower is an elusive images one stamped on to a piece of the same paper using brilliance pearlescent orchid and embossed with clear ep. A turquoise holographic mat and two self adhesive pearls finish it off. I wasn't sure that I'd be in time to enter it into the Truly Scrumptious challenge but it was their sketch I used and luckily I've just made it!
Thank you for your visit today.

22 comments:

  1. Just shows what teachers know eh! Your daffs are brilliant as is the whole card. I see on your post there's yet another new challenge site - shame on you - where will I get the extra time??? lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ann is there no end to your talents - I am so impressed.

    At first I thought reading your title you had waited 30 years to show this card - lol - well the post can be slow.

    ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ann it is fantastic and to have done everything by hand even the image is awesone. Its a gorgeous card and your swap partner will surely treasure it for years to come.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Ann. My art teacher told me to choose another subject!! Thanks for joining in the TS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should do more drawing Ann, those daffs are amazing! I wish I could draw as well as you. And playing around with Photoshop too; as Ann said,'Is there no end to your talents?'
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Ann,especially as it's your own drawing. Teachers think they knew and know everything, well we all know that everyone has a talent for something!
    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, a gorgeous card Ann and made more special by the fact you have drawn the flowers yourself. Is there no end to your talents LOL
    You inspire so many bloggers, especially me. Your swap partner will treasure this unique & individual card
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Ann your card is stunning and as for your drawing, what do Art teachers know.

    Absoloutely gorgeous.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAB CARD ANN YOUR BLOG IS A TRULY INSPIRATIONAL PLACE TO VISIT.your teacher needed her eyes testing lol
    fab drawing
    luv
    linnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card - lovely image for spring.

    thanks for joining us this week

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is gorgeous Ann, you are so clever. The flower is perfect
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Ann. I'd be ecstatic if I had just half your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well just shows how much teachers know isnt it Ann!! i think youve done a brilliant drawing of the daffodil well done!! funny you say this as my Art teacher told me i wouldnt pass my exam and i got grade 2 cse!!
    Keep up the brilliant work,oyu always inspire me
    Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're gorgeous - would have made a lovely St David's Day card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Ann and the drawing is super, sure your swap partner will love it.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning Work Ann. The colours all compliment each other too. What do teachers know anyway. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! I love your daffs - you definitely have talent! Thanks for joining the TS challenge this week!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card. Love the image and the pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious this week. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is really lovely Anne,
    Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just fabulous Ann and it looks so professional that I never would have guessed it had been hand drawn!
    How clever and creative you are, as wll as being such a lovely friend, but then I've always known that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have to agree with Chrissie, I thought it was a rubber stamp when I saw it at first and to be honest it still looks like one. Wish I could draw as well as that. The card is fabulous, love the colours.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x