Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Windows of the Soul

Click on image to enlarge

I haven't got as many challenges done this week as I would have liked but was determined to get my entry in for Rainbow Lady's challenge before the new one tomorrow! This week the theme is "Windows" and I decided to do one of my 'thinking outside the box' jobs. While I was at it I decided to challenge myself to see how many other challenges I could accomodate! This is what I managed:

Rainbow Lady - Windows
Gothic Arches - Tag Your Arch
Our Creative corner - Crazy for Hearts
Papertake Weekly - Hearts and Flowers (either or both)
Created ByHand - Love Quotes
Joanna Sheen's Forum - February challenge - hearts

I created my arch from glossy card and alcohol inks. I decided to try something different and used a piece of felt that had previously been used to apply stonewashed, denim and stream inks about a week or so ago. This time, I added blender and just stream to start with. I covered most of the card with this then added a little more blender and silver mixative which also activated a little of the other two inks that were already on the felt pad. When I had the arch as I wanted it, I used up what was left of the inks on the pad on some more glossy card to create a toning piece to use with it. I cut the tag out of this and stamped the words "Love is the shortest distance between two hearts" in brilliance sky blue pearlescent ink and embossed with clear ep. I stamped two hearts onto the same piece of toning card in the same ink, embossed them with clear ep and cut them out. The face stamp was stamped directly on to the arch and again embossed with clear ep. The script stamp was again stamped directly on to the arch but not embossed. I edged the tag with the brilliance ink and the arch with silver pentouch pen.
And the way it fits Cynthia's challenge? If you haven't already guessed, the eyes are the window to the soul.......
Thank you for visiting today.

27 comments:

  1. Congratulations on so many challenges at once! Are you trying to set a record? And such a glorious arch/card whatever :)
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Ann - absolutely beautiful.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Ann is all I can say. Oh and I think we now hold the challenge record together as I once got six too. So well done you and; thanks for playing. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Ann, and a clever take on Cynthia's challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you may win the 'how many challenges can you cover' award! Your arch is so pretty and soft, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, clever lady all those challenges with one piece of artwork, but what a piece of artwork..........it's fabulous
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous arch!! great how you managed to do all challenges in one card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely color...robin's egg blue I call it...grew up with my room painted that.LOL.love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You clever girl, covering 6 challenges with this one gorgeous card.
    Lovely colour, it's beautiful
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOO, this is a piece of work, Ann You have excelled yourself... have you thrown down the gaunlet to do 7 challenges in one next time???
    Wonderful, arch.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning work Ann, and quite an achievement to fit in so many challenges too, well done, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't get over how fabulous this piece of art is Ann - it's breathtaking.

    There is an award for you on my blog.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful the colours are stunning i love it
    linniex

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful piece of work Ann. You have excelled yourself at covering so many challenges too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so lovely Ann and so serene and calming. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very clever - both the interpretation of the theme and the design on the arch.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ann
    wow, wow and more Wow, gorgeous, beautiful and so elegant. Love the colours.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW well done Ann for managing 1 card fro 6 challenges brilliant!! and an amazing arch it is too.where you get your ideas form i do not know,but you always comer good EVERYTIME
    Wendy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, now thats smart !! cover all your bases at once. Good thinking

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done Ann, six challenges in one. Wish I could do one challenge - just can't get up the enthusiasm at the moment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this arch, the colour is so soothing. It's fab!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely creation! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x