Thursday, 12 February 2009

Flourishes

Click on image to enlarge

I've had to wait to show you this card because it's for a card swap and I know my partner reads my blog and didn't want to spoil it for her.
My card stock is from my local recently re-opened under new management Craft Central. The base CS has a kind of interference/ irridescence to it and the card used for the main topper is a pealised linen effect and an awkward colour to describe - not quite silver, not quite beige - somewhere between the two probably. I stamped the scroll corner directly onto this and the other scroll directly onto the base card and embossed with fine detail silver ep. The scrolls are from a umount set. The butterflies (Hero Arts and a freebie from Craft Stamper) were embossed with the same ep onto vellum and cut out and shaped before being allowed to land delicately on parts of the scroll. The only other embellishments are dark grey self adhesive flat backed pearls. Because of the colours I used, it hasn't been easy to photograph but I hope you can get some idea.
Thanks for popping by today.

14 comments:

  1. Since I was the lucky recipient I can tell you that this is absolutely fantastic in real life.
    Thanks Ann!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Ann and it shows up really well when clicked on to bring up large version. Such a classy card - I love it.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow Wow, stunning card Ann and your swap partner must be over the moon with this
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful ... love them swirls!! Lucky swap partner.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Ann, no wonder Ali was so delighted with it.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo It's really lovely... no wonder Ali liked it!!! Shimmery and quite calm, I think
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, absolutely stunning!

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely gorgeous Ann, love the stamps you have used,i must of missed that freeboe stamp as i not got it
    Great colours
    wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, elegant and gorgeous Ann.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, gorgeous, Ali must feel priveleged to receive this lovely work of art. The stamps are lovely, will check these out.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's absolutely gorgeous Ann.Very elegant.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card. I just love it.
    Jacqui (Calexico)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow and crikey, Ann!!
    I've just scrolled down and seen this. Utterly gorgeous comes to mind. Just love your butterflies too.
    x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x