Friday, 13 February 2009

Celebrate With Eight!

Click on image to enlarge

As the saying goes, "the best laid plans of mice and men........"! This certainly sums up today for me........my mojo went walkabout this morning and I had such a job to find it..........you can be sure that when I did I brought it home and gave it a good talking to for worrying me like that!! The card I came up with bears no resemblence whatsoever to what I had in mind when I started but I will say that I am thrilled with the result. The starting point is the sketch from this week's Friday Sketchers and from the base layer up we have:
  • Gold mirri
  • Alcohol ink on white pearlescent paper (I can't get a decent photo of just how gorgeous this looks in real life unfortunately)
  • White organza irridescent ribbon
  • Glitter card
  • Gold mirri
  • Flowers from Elusive images Fantasy Floral Themeplate stamped with versamark and embossed with detail gold ep
  • Mirri peel off.
The reason for the title of this post is because I have reasons to celebrate this weekend. Earlier today my blog clocked up it's 30,000th visit and the timing couldn't be better because tomorrow is also my first blogoversary! That's the celebrate part of the title dealt with now for the eight..........well, this card is for these challenges:
I did realise that I would probably be able to do this card to fit with a few challenges but didn't expect to find 8 - even in my wildest dreams so I certainly don't expect to equal it again let alone surpass it so I'll just enjoy it while I can.
Thank you all for your support over this past year I greatly appreciate it, and thank you to all the challenge setters whose hard work has given me so much inspiration.

38 comments:

  1. Well done Ann. Wow, 8 challenges in 1 is fantastic and it's a fabulous card too!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... a truly scrumptious card. Congratulations on both anniversaries.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Anniversary and so many hits , not that i`m surprised
    Keep up the fantastic work , I just love visiting your blog and you inspring designs , here`s to lots more
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card and well done on your blogaversary and so many hits on your blog.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, you should feel very proud not only of this beatiful card but your blogversary and your total posts. How clever of you to cover 8 different challenges. You are an inspiration to us all, long may it continue. Your friendship is valued
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congratulations on your blogerversary, Ann, and 30k hits - WOW.
    Not surprising though, it is always a treat to visit.
    You have excelled yourself with this stunning card and for it to fit 8 challenges must be a record.
    Well done!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crikey 8 challenges in 1 - is that a record? lol

    Your card is really beautiful. Love the shades of green you have used. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this now a competition my friend? What a lovely card it is too and well done on everything today. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW & WOW Ann this is just utterly gorgeous.stunning and as normal another lovely piece of work form you as always
    Congrats on making it for 8 challenges and your blogaversary
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Ann the flowers are gorgeous.

    Thanks for joinng in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Ann. Congratulations on your "Anniversary"

    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good grief 8 - I'm speechless!! Nobody will beat that - has to be a record and it's such a brill card too.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Ann, that is absolutely gorgeous and congratulations on your 30,000 visits and your blogoversary. Even bigger congratulations on 8 in 1. Well done you
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, Ann, what a lot of hits, and congrats on your blogaversary. I LOVE this card and it's clever to have made it fir SO many challenges (trouble is, not much leftfor the restof the week, if I did that!!! LOL)
    Love and light
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness, not seen 8 in one go before lol! Thank you for taking part in the MTTC challenge - fab card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whatever yoy said to your mojo worked. This card is lovely. It doesn't matter if it turned out different to the original plan - it's how it ends up that counts. Congratulations on all counts.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, it is a very nice card you have made. Good work. Greetings Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful

    thanks for joining us this week on ABC

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your anniversary and beautiful card too.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous. Well done on getting 8 challenges into one card! I think the most I've managed is 4!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card and well done on fitting it with 8 challenges!! :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Ann

    I am gobsmacked and speechless not only with your card, but 8 challanges, fantastic !!!!.
    Your card is so elegant.
    Congratulations on your Anniversary what a way to celebrate.

    You have me curious with an idea
    to use ribbons,

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card, love the shade of green and the Elusive Images themeplate. Congrats on your 30,000 visits!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW all those challenge wrapped into this beautiful card. Awesome job! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. this looks so elegant, really beautiful!
    lg Betty

    ReplyDelete
  26. Smashing card.
    Jacqui (Calexico)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely stunning and I have to take my hat off to you - eight in one!! Phew well done to you! Thanks for joining the TT and the MTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card. Wow 8 challenges in one well done girl.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card and congratulations on so many challenges.
    Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow on managing so many challenges - lovely car d- thanks for joining us on abc this week x

    ReplyDelete
  31. lovely card and all those challenges in one!
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card and well done on combining so many. Thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely card - congratulations on your Blogoversary.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x