Monday, 9 February 2009

Anniversary Card


Click on images to enlarge

Today is our second Wedding Anniversary and I thought I'd share the card I made for my lovely DH and just finished late last night!! We lost two days out of last week due to some problematic dentistry, but it's a long story so we won't go there!
I've used a variation on a stair fold for the base card. This variation was kindly shared with us by Suzanne who has called it a Flap Card. This is because the front bit flips backwards so that you can see the inside. The two photos show both the front and the inner part. The base card is a difficult colour to try to describe but is shot through with a subtle gold. The stamps used are stampscapes for the country chapel, umount for the gorgeous swirly flourish and Elusive Images for all the rest. All stamped with versamark and embossed with gold detail ep.
I'm entering this one into this week's Dutch Dare Challenge which is to create a love themed card using no pink or red.
Thank you for visiting today.

22 comments:

  1. Just stunning Ann, you do this type of 'elegant' card so beautifully.
    Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully stunning Ann and im sure Tom loved it
    Happy 2nd Anniversary to you both
    wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is Gorgeous ann. I love those stamps and they seem so versatile too. My wish list gets longer every day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, thought I'd just touch base and send a 'hi' on your blog. I see it's your Anniversary today, so CONGRATULATIONS! The card is absolutely beautiful. I also love the daffodil one further down the page. Lovely creations indeed. Have a wonderful day :) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING!!! I bet he loved this one, it is so elegant and the colour so subtle..
    xx

    Thanks for all your lovely, recent comments on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card and congratulations! I'm sure Tom loved it. Aren't those Elusive Image stamps glorious.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann, that is absolutely beautiful, really elegant and classy
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops, forgot Happy Anniversary to you both
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning, gorgeous and so elegant.

    Happy Anniversary.

    luv
    iene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary - WOW stunning card - love the colours and deign within the card - it`s great seeing what others make of a base card - funny how we have been doing so of each others styles - great as I love sharing with evryone
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. My word!! Ann, this is breathtaking.
    I do love that swirl stamp.
    Happy Anniversary :-) to you both
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fabulous Ann. I'm sure yhour husband is thrilled with it.
    Happy Anniversary.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful card ann fantastic
    linnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What can I say Ann, just stunning.
    Happy 2nd anniversary to you both, I'm sure Tom loved his card.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very beautifull!!
    Love the colours and great image.
    Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

    xoxo karin

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderfully elegant card Ann.
    Happy Anniversary
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's all been said Ann. What a totally gorgeous card. TFS. I'll bet your DH was well impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations and stunning card. Very elegant colours and great fold.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ann, sorry, I thought I had already commented on your card. Belated anniversary wishes to you and Tom, I am sure he loved what you had done.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Superb card. Love the design of the Church. Excellant
    Jacqui (Calexico)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x