Sunday, 22 February 2009

......and the living is easy......

Click on image to enlarge

One challenge I do my best to enter each week is Rainbow Lady's challenge. Cynthia is a lovely lady and has become a much valued friend who has been a constant source of support and inspiration since we 'met' on Joanna Sheen's forum. In fact without her, this blog may not even exist!
This week's challenge has been set by the lovely Linnie one of our friends on the Creating Rainbows forum and she has asked us to "create a scene and give it a title". Linnie has generously donated a prize for this week's challenge so if you would like to win one of the Helping Hands new "Scenes to decorate" CDs, you know what to do!
I created this scene using 6 of the stampscape stamps along with one from rubbadubbadoo. I decided to aim for a sepia style picture because the children stamp seems ideally suited to it. It's actually harder to achieve the balance of colours than I expected and I used 4 different tones of brown in the end - walnut stain, tea dye and old paper distress inks and memento desert sand.
The picture is 15cm square and will become a card but I'm not ready to reveal the card yet so I'm just showing you the picture for now!

18 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Ann. Love the colours you have used too. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ann, this is so lovely... I do love everything about it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card Ann, the colour scheme is gorgeous, you are so clever.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so gorgeous Ann - does it have to end up as a card you could put that in a frame it's just fabulous.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's superb Ann. I love how you've coloured it. I'm afraid this challenge really has me stumped at the moment.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fantastic Ann. I never tire of seeing your scenes with these stamps.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've got talent!
    Very Impressive work!
    I am so Humbled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful scene, Ann. It does look like it is a framable work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card again Ann..I love it!! Reminds me of me and Colin walking along the beach in Egypt! Also reminded me that i have this girl n boy stamp
    Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, that is absolutely beautiful. You could easily turn that into a picture to hang on the wall. Stunning
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Ann , love the sepia colours
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ann

    Your card is beautiful, amazing and stunning, and gorgeous.
    It's absolutely beautiful.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - stunning work Ann. A wonderful scene you have created there. The sepia tones give it such atmospere - well done you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi

    Stunning card love all those sepia hues

    TFS
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sepia tones and what a fantastic scene ... my ideal place.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is beautiful Ann...and you've got the sepia colour just right !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning Ann JUst stunning you are a very talented lady ..inspirational
    luv
    linniex

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card.
    Jacqui (calexico)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x