Saturday, 14 February 2009

Alcoholic Pear?

Click on image to enlarge

Today's post is my entry for Sketch and Stash Challenge #3. This challenge is always a two parter - the sketch and using either new stash or something you haven't used for ages. I'm using up some bits that I had left from yesterday's card and an image I had ready that I did when I was doing the tutorial for adding colour to stamped images. The alcohol ink background paper happens to be a perfect colour for the pear which is from rubbadubbadoo. The new stash is the flowers from the Elusive images Floral Fantasy themeplate and is the next size up from those I used on yesterday's card. The gold mirri and textured card stocks were bits that were left over from previous projects. The pear was coloured using pastel pencils which were blended using baby oil.
Hope you like my card made from leftovers and thank you for your visit today.

14 comments:

  1. This is stunning Ann - Love how you used the pear stamp from Rubbadubbadoo - I have this one too - may have to get it out for a play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann this is so gorgeous and as I always say you are so clever in what ever you do. The colours are always super and the blending is great. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Ann, your card is gorgeous.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO, lovely colours Ann. I LOVE that card and the stamp, I love pears to eat, and the shape of them is so satisfying... might have to get this one... wonder how big it is??
    Thanks for your continued lovely comments on my blog!!
    Love and light
    F
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning just stunning i love it
    linniex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann its a gorgeous card that pear looks very plump and juicy....reminds me of.....lol. Love your colouring Ann I spend ages studying these cards to try and pick up tips so I can be good as you (in my dreams).

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a 'pear' of drinks on me lol
    Love this card and the stamp too
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card its just 'pearfect' sorry about that.
    Jacqui (Calexico)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!
    Your alcohol ink background is lush.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning card Ann, the colour combo is perfect.
    Thank-you for your comments on my blog.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this Ann, stunning as always!
    I'm so glad you managed to join in with Sketch and Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Ann, the pear looks good enough to eat.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pear looks good enough to eat. You've coloured it perfectly. (Note to self - read tutorial again.)
    It's a great card altogether.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card Ann. I agree, I could just eat that pear, love the flowers too!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash.
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x