Thursday, 29 January 2009

Y is for Yesteryear

Click to enlarge

ABC's challenge this week is Y for Yesteryear, the idea being to dig out one of the first stamps you bought and give it a new lease of life. This cat by Anita's is among the first 5 stamps I bought when I first started card making and I don't use it nearly often enough. I used it today for Rubber Stamping tutorial # 3, my intention being to show that stamping can be very simple and still look sylish. The image was stamped with versafine onyx black and the same ink was used to run around the edges and also stippled on to the corners with a sponge. Despite having a craft stash the size of Ayres Rock, I couldn't find a piece of black and white paper so I put a piece of black through the birds & swirls cuttlebug folder and used the debossed side adding a white gel pen to the debossing. The sentiment stamp came free with this month's Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine.
Sometimes it's good to go back to simple!

11 comments:

  1. As a cat owner I just have to love this!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be simple Ann, but it certainly is very effective
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann

    Absolutely stunning, what a fantastic idea using your CB.
    Thanks for the tip.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Ann, and your daffodil card is gorgeous too!
    I'm sorry my friend, but I've just 'tagged' you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Ann. It doesn't look simple to me!!! Looks like you have spent ages on it. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. just gorgeous - you are so clever and I love this cat. My first stamps were a bit iffy - I'm still trying to decide whether to dig them out or not. They were a job lot from QVC - I suppose it would be a challenge.

    heh heh another email type comment - I really will have to stop rambling like this.

    love the embossing technique - will have to give that a go.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple, uncluttered and sophisticated!! Jusy been on some blogs where there is everything including the kitchen sink!!! This is cutely elegant
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and very stylish Ann, love the use of black and white. Hmm,now where's my first lot of stamps!!!!!

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry mate I have tagged you!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah I have got this stamp somewhere I must get it out and use it.
    It's a lovely card
    Jacqui (Calexico)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Ann, such lovely delicate colouring.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x