Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Woodland Glade

Click on image to enlarge

I've done this post card for Rainbow Lady's challenge this week and at some point I'll probably turn it into a topper for a card but I'm running out of time to enter the challenge and really didn't want to miss the first one of the year! The theme is new ideas or new stamps. The tree used here is one of the new stampscape stamps that I got at christmas. Unfortunately, the scan isn't showing it too well but the light tonight would make a photo even worse. I've used two stamps and some masking to get the layout. I've then used chalks to colour the scene and some brilliance ink in parts. The trees were stamped with jet black stazon and the grass with stone grey stazon. 3 different sakura pens were used to create little clumps of 'flowers' but the scan isn't really showing them up. I have to confess to not being entirely satisfied with it but am not sure what's missing - I think I'll have to sleep on it - unless you can come up with any ideas of course!
Thanks for visiting today.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,
    Personally I don't think you need to add anything more to it. It is lovely and the background is so unusual.

    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think you are just being too picky now Ann as it is a lovely picture lol Great trees.
    Thanks for playing again
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, Happy New Year to you and Yours. I think that picture is brilliant all the work that you have put into that. Looks excellant. Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, it's lovely and I don't think you need to add anything else to it.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Ann, you don't need to add anything else to it. I love trees.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't don't change it Ann, it's perfect as it is. I love this and said that oft used word to myself when I saw it (WOW)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann, this is simply gorgeous and beautiful. I love your use of scampscape stamps.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work Ann and it's so realistic. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic as it is Ann,i wouldnt change a thing if it was me..It looks soo real

    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So professional looking Ann, nothing needing added in my humble opinion! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just such a lovely scene. I am so envious of you that you can make such a great picture from some stamps and inks. It doesn't need anything else. It's just right.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x