Saturday, 10 January 2009

Stampscapes With A Twist

I've been waiting to share these cards with you, one of them was for the first Card Swap on the Creating Rainbows Forum and I didn't want to spoil it for my swap partner by showing them to you before she got hers in her hand. The theme for the swap was to do something new that we hadn't done in crafting before - this was a bit of a quandary for me because there is very little I haven't tried! In the end, I decided to go with a new technique for applying the background colours for a stampscape scene and also to use some new stampscape stamps that I got for christmas. As I got the image finished I had a bit of a lightbulb moment because as I looked at it, I thought how nice it would look as both a pyramage and a reverse pyramage card. I scanned it into the computer, printed it out 5 times and two cards were born! The first card I did for my swap partner and these are the first two pictures you can see. I mounted the finished pyramage onto some matt silver card, having put the four sides through the CB script folder and added blue gems to the four corners.

Click on images to enlarge


This next picture shows the little 'surprise' I hid behind the main topper. I didn't want my partner to miss out on having the original image so I attached a loop of black satin ribbon to it and slid it behind the main topper.



Card number two is for my BIL's birthday in a couple of weeks. I've done the reverse pyramage for him and set it into a box frame cut into the front of the card. The main base card is a lovely silvery pale blue but all I can tell you about it other than that it came from a Joanna Sheen 'lucky dip' pack of card. I've kept the rest of the card relatively uncluttered with it being for a man. The vertical Happy Birthday stamp is from Rubbadubbadoo. By the way, this photo was taken with the help of the light box DH and I use to try to convince our bodies that they don't really need to hibernate in winter! I'm also entering these cards into the OCC challenge which is to use two shades of blue + 1 neutral colour.


Thank you for your visit today.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...jaw-dropping gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image is a real stunner. Both cards are smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow now I know I need to practice a lot more, great cards and fab idea. Love them both.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say that has not been said. A-MA-ZING as dear Craig would say.

    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow and double wow - these are just so incredible. I love what you have done with those stamps.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ann, this is just so absolutely stunning. Your swap partner will be over the moon with this
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Ann this is amazing! Gorgeous card and design!! Thanks for playing along with the OCC! Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! You did a fabulous job and thank you for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ann, what can I say but WOW, WOW, and WOW, I am speechless and gobsmacked by their beauty.

    luv
    iene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Ann, this is so amazing for me as I have never seen anything like it before. Its absolutely stunning. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done it again with those Stampscape stamps. Gorgeous.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x