Sunday, 11 January 2009

Seascape

Click on image to enlarge

You're probably getting sick of stampscapes now but I'd better warn you that his won't be the last - they're very addictive lol!!
This was the first card I made with the set I got at Christmas but I've waited till now to show it to you because it was for January's card swap on the Joanna Sheen Forum and it was only right that my swap partner saw it first. The theme for the swap was 'A Traveller's Tale" - now I will admit that this did tax my holiday season addled brain. Then inspiration arrived via my late Dad who was a keen fell walker right up to the end of his life and as he took in the views of his current walk, he'd be planning future walks. I'd like to think that our hiker is planning his next adventure here. I created the hiker in the design master software and cut him out with the robo. The rest of the card was created using stampscape stamps and coloured using Twinkling H2Os. The grassy hill that the hiker is standing on was done on a separate piece of card and decoupaged onto the main image to create both depth and height. The only other thing I added was a scalloped mat to 'frame' the picture.
Thank you for your visit today and for all the comments you leave - they are very much appreciated.

15 comments:

  1. Could never be sick of these stampscapes as you have created some beautiful cards with them, keep them coming.
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as the lucky recipient of this beautiful card, I will certainly treasure it Ann, as its the first one of its kind that I have seen. The colours are just so real and everything just fits into place. Perfect Card. Thank-You once again. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Ann, I will never get sick of these stamps either. I have a few of these but have never managed to get them to look as good as you do. You are the culprit that made me realise that I needed them lol
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Ann, just love the scene!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have captured such a peaceful scene, Ann.
    Your colouring is just right.
    Excellent!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm another one who will never get sick of your stampscape scenes. I love to see them and what a fantastic idea this is. Such a wonderful story and memories behind the scene too.
    It's lovely and whoever receives it will be a very lucky person.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fab card Anne!! im sooo envious,but one day i will be able to afford these stamps lol
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll never tire of seeing your lovely cards with these stamps. This one's another stunner.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb seascape ... one of my favourite scenes. Hope you are feeling better.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I won't tire of these stamps either, you do some beautiful work with them.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann, please don't stop making these cards, who could ever get sick as they are so gorgeous.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again Ann, there is a wee something on my blog for you
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Ann

    There is an award on my blog for you

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ann hope the migrain goes soon they are horrible things to have. The card is so beautiful and I like many of your other fans would never get sick of seeing them. I have picked up so much inspiration from you, Wendy and Edna etc and I spend ages studying them.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to pop by and wish you a happy and healthy 2009.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x