Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Paisley Birthday

Click on image to enlarge

I think I'd better start by apologising for the quality of the photo, it's very difficult when you have a comination of mirri card and artificial light! If I can get a better one tomorrow, I'll replace it.
This is for this week's Cuttlebug Challenge which is to use your favourite cuttlebug folder. On the face of it, this should be an easy enough challenge.......until it comes to choosing one! It's like asking a mother to choose a favourite between her children.......so, in order to get this card made this side of Christmas 2020, I put them all in a heap on the floor, closed my eyes, gave them a mix around then pulled one out and used that one!
The one I pulled out was the paisley folder so I embossed two pieces of card, a piece of purple mirri and a piece of white linen. I added some sakura purple stardust pen to some of the debossed areas of the white card and edged it with versafine imperial purple ink. The central paisley motif is from the Artylicious Filigree fusion themeplate and was stamped using the same ink, highlighted with a sakura clear stardust pen and added on 3D foam pads. I especially wanted to enter this challenge this week to support the lovely Ann during her first week on the design team.
My next one will be to support another blogging friend during her first challenge on another design team.
Thank you for dropping by today.

29 comments:

  1. Yet another wonderful card Ann. I had the same problem as you deciding which folder to use. I seem to have a different favourite every day!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great Ann, I've got the same problem as you, thanks for the tip as to pick just one lol
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you used the pen to bring out all the texture in the card. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to managed to pick this folder because you've made this lovely card using the stamp from Elusive Images which (lucky me) came in the post today. It's very striking embossed in white and then highlighted. Lovely.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and how could I not like Paisley as I now live in Scotland!! I adore what you have done with the Sakura pen.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card!
    I love what you did with the purple detailing on the white paisley embossing - just lovely!
    Peace & love
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card as always
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a novel way to pick your fav! Stunning card Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great card Ann you make the most amazing cards and have such brilliant ideas
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love it!!! Totally agree, how can you pick one favorite....hehehe....thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wasn't it hard to choose!!! You've made a fabulous card and i love the way you made your choice :)
    Thanks for playing along, hope to see you again next week!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. The purple looks so rich and the purple details around the embossing is just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Ann! I don't have the paisley folder, your card inspires me to add one to my collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. interesting method! i'll have to try that sometime! thanks for playing this week! i love the mirror juxtaposed with the regular cardstock

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ann your card is beautiful!!! I can't believe all the details you added! It is lovely. And I think it's too cute how you picked your favorite folder:)
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous...the color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank so much for supporting me - it means a great deal. You're a star and I love the card. I also love your method of choosing a favourite folder - wish I had thought of that. I must have spent 4 days choosing.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super card, love the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another fantastic and gorgeous card.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Greatcard...I love the paisley also.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yet another gorgeous card Ann, I want to take part in this challenge so I will do the same as you and pick one of my folders with my eyes shut.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the folder you chose *wink*. It is one of my favorites too. Love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card!!! I love that rich purple.

    Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely card, Ann! I just love the hints of purple that you used in the embossing! Beautiful work on this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning card Ann. I love the Paisley folder too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ohhhh this is wonderful. I adore how you added the purple on the white embossed part of the card. Scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  27. GREAT way to choose a paper! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the deep purple with white! Very nice card. Thanks for participating on Cuttlebug Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how you decided which folder to use! I feel the same way:0) Your card is gorgeous! You used some exquisite details and techniques to make this beautiful card. Thanks for joining the Cuttlebug Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x