Thursday, 15 January 2009

New Sketch and Stash Challenge

Click on image to enlarge

This is the other card to support another blogging friend, Chrissie, with her first challenge as part of the DT for Sketch and Stash Challenge. It's a two part challenge, the first part being the sketch and the second part being to use a new piece of stash and will take plece fortnightly.
Well, apologies, but I couldn't resist another stampscape scene because I've been wanting to try one with this colour way and also, I just like doing them! The new elements here are the boulders stamp in the foreground of the picture and the flower which I cut from a stem that I got from our local garden centre. Our challenge hosts have asked us to let you know the make or manufacturer with a link if possible. All the stamps used here are by stampscapes and I buy mine from http://www.stampscapes.co.uk/home.html
I've kept the card simple to allow the scene to speak for itself so the base card is a burgundy leather effect and the matt is cream hammered with a strip of gold metallic ribbon across the middle. What doesn't show in the photo is that I've added sakura clear stardust pen to the cut out parts from the corner punch with gives a very subtle wee bit of sparkle.
Thank you for dropping by today and I'm always interested in your opinion.

18 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with the stamps and the colours are just gorgeous. I might even give this challenge a go too although I know there's not much time left!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann this is just gorgeous - those Stampscapes are so beautiful. I love the colours on this one particularly - so warm looking.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Anne, I've got some of those Stampscape stamps and will soon just have to buy some more lol. Your background is perfect
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Ann, stunning and elegant. Love the colours, and thank you for the web page.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Ann that was my reaction when I saw your card, the colours are beautiful and I so like the Stampscape stamp.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just superb. I absolutely love it. I will have to look at these stamps myself.
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Ann - this is your best Stampscapes card to date!! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please don't apologise for posting another Stampscape card. I want more. This colourway works really well and you've built the picture up beautifully.
    I'm waiting for the ones I ordered yesterday to arrive now - I can't wait to have a go.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are all correct Ann. This is a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, wow, what a stunning card, I love the colours you've used. It's fabulous :)

    Jo XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Ann, what a beautiful card! I love the way you've coloured it, looks so serene!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our first challenge!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Ann this stunninly gorgeous,i love the way you have done this card,Cant wait till i have some spare time and i can use my new stampscapes stamps
    Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful warm tones with this one Ann. Love these scenic stamps though I don't have any myself. Great card for the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great card Ann and the colours are fab
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a Great card Ann, I love the colours ,but you certainly use those Stampscapes to the extreme, they are wonderful. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm just trying to play 'catch-up' with all my favourite blogs Ann.
    What beautiful creations you've been making lately, I really think your work just gets better!
    Thank you for joining in with the challenge, I just love the scenes you create with these little stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do so love looking at your work with these stampscenes.This one is stunning Ann.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crikey!! That is so gorgeous.

    x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x