Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Messy Rabbit and Alcohol inks

Click on image to enlarge

Today's card came about as a direct result of my printer running out of a colour at the start of the year. Some of you may remember that my first card posted here for 2009 was a Messy Rabbit card and the background paper was a happy accident when my printer was running short of a colour and I was expecting something else. I really liked the effect of my 'happy accident' and decided to try to create something similar with alcohol inks.
I created the Messy Rabbit scene using the Baggy Jumper MR and the house and post box from his companion set (all available from Joanna Sheen) along with a Creative Expressions Tree. I coloured these in with a mixture of inktense pencils and sakura stardust pens and created the snow with magic speckle ep and crystal glitter. Then I cut it all out as one scene. I created the background on semi-glossy card with stonewash and denim alcohol inks 'swooshing' them around till I had something I liked. When it was dry, I stamped a tiny snowflake several times with versamark ink and embossed with a silver sparkle ep then stuck my MR scene over the top. The holly border was created with a stamp that's part of the baggy jumper set and the same silver sparkle ep. I've made this one for the This Thursday Challenge which this week is 'Whiskers' and TGIF which this week is 'Houses'
Thank you for your visit and I hope you like it.

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is so cute card.
    Lovely design.

    Thanks Ann for this lovely entry to TGiF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Ann. He looks as though he needs a warm sweater too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Ann!
    What I want to know is how you can make even a 'cutie' stamp into such an elegant card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Ann. The background is really effective and looks very realistic.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. It's nice to see some different examples of the use of alcohol inks. Poor old messy looks as if he's locked himself out though!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Ann. This messy is my all time favourite of the messy stamps - it's the jumper -so cute.

    Love the way you have combined everything too. A great card.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann

    I am gobsmeacked, your card is gorgeous. I may have to invest in these stamps.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love what you have done with "Messy", he's so adorable and the background suits him so well. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It came out just as well, didn't it, so now you don't have to wait for your printer to go wonky again!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Love how you have done this. Messy looks quite warm and snug in his jumper.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card, I just love this messy rabbit stamp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yet another fabulous card Ann, I really love the stamps
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabby card Ann. Amazing what transpires through 'happy accidents' x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ann,

    There is an award on my blog for you.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooooooooops came to tell you there is an award on my blog for you but think you may already have it!!

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me back again. I have left you a pressie on my blog.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a lovely card Ann, a love the effect with the inks
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x