Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Daffodils


Click on image to enlarge

I'm sharing this card with you a little early in as much as it's for a card swap in February but I'm pretty sure that my swap partner doesn't read my blog. The reason that I'm sharing it now is because it's also for this weeks Cuttlebug be inspired challenge. Challenge #16 is to distress your embossing which I've done here with some gentle sanding.
The theme for the card swap is a choice between romance and your favourite poem. I went for the poem and as I share William Wordsworth's birthplace, it won't come as a great surprise when I say that I chose "Daffodils" will it?
I created my own backing card by colouring white linen card with alcohol inks and then stamping with a very large corner stamp which is part of a umount set and I'm using it before I should because it's a birthday present really - shhhh...... I used the stamp twice, first with cadmium yellow chalk ink then with stazon mustard, very slightly offsetting it for the second stamping. Then I put the card through the bird call folder (another pressie - shhhh.....) and did the distressing. The daffodils are a past free stamp with craft stamper and were painted with twinkling H2Os. I hand wrote the first few lines of the poem on vellum and added a gold organza bow as the embellishment.
Thank you for visiting today.

15 comments:

  1. Ann, this is so pretty and reminds me of Springtime :)
    I am sorry you have not been able to view the challenge today.....you will be pleased to know that is is there now, but....some of the DT work is only showing half of the images!! i am told they are having problems today and will sort them out as soon as they can.

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh I luv the flowers, I've yet to try H2Os...
    You will be featured on the cuttlebug challenge on February 5th
    at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    Have a great day,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful Spring card Ann. I love the Daffodils. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!This is beautiful!! Great job. Thanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann, this is really lovely and I'm really impressed with your handwriting. It's no neat.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo ann its gorgeous I wish i was your swap partner.

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the daffs! And it's such a lovely reminder that Spring is not so far away.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very pretty Ann I love daffodils

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Ann this is just amazing - what a fantastic combination of skills. I love your handwriting and the way you have used the free stamp so many times and put the bits together is really effective.

    Great job .

    Hope you've forgiven me for the comments on the Rainy Days card - lol
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann, your card is just amazing, you are so talented, I love all you backgrounds and everything about your card.

    Lucky swap partner.

    Fantastic,

    Thanks for spotting my blip !!!!

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww love the Daffodils Ann.one of my fav poems too
    love the way youv'e done your background for this card
    you just get better and better
    Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful Ann, your swap partner will love it. It's so fresh - I love that poem too
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh! i adore it!! thanks for joining us at the cuttlebug challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for playing with us at Cuttebug Challege Blog

    I love the fact that you are making your own backgrounds. Daffodils are among my favorite flowers too.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x