Saturday, 24 January 2009

Alcoholic Kimonos

Click on image to enlarge

This card is for two challenges, Rainbow Lady's which this week has been set by Guest Designer, Hazel who has challenged us to use peel offs for the image as well as the sentiment. It's also for Arty Girlz who also have a GD this week, Fabrizio who has asked us to use something transparent .
I thought I was going to have a problem at first because I had a clear out towards the end of last year and our Granddaughter ended up with so many peel off sheets I'd be ashamed to tell you! I still sometimes use them for edgings and greetings but that's all - then I remembered I still had half a sheet of these kimonos left and my bacon was saved!! They are a silver foil on acetate. I created an alcohol inks background on glossy card and stuck the kimonos to that and cut them out. The backing paper was created using the same alcohol inks with the exception of the gold, on text/graphics paper and a different technique to apply it. Then I stamped over it with a blossom stamp and memento danube blue ink. The kimonos were added using 3D foam pads. I wanted a slightly different colour way for an oriental card and rather like the way this has worked.
Thanks for your visit today.

19 comments:

  1. Lovely colours and so different for an oriental card but I think they really work!
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Ann and yes I too love the colours you have used. Gret minds think alike with the transparent peeloffs. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Ann ....not got many peel offs now but will try n have a go ....left something on my blog for you
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Ann - the alcohol inks make a great effect and this colour makes a change on an oriental card
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an eyecatching card Ann, the colours are great, love those little Kimonos.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... those kimonos are amazing ... gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just fabulous Ann - love the colours you've use.

    There is an award on my blog for you.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, the kimonos look really lovely. Thanks for joining in the fun, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card Ann, I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Ann, love the Kimono's. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann

    This is so gorgeous, I love the background colour, and perfect for the challanges.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card Ann and so nice to see different colours used for an oriental theme.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. brilliant card and I agree with
    Christine...its lovely to see a different colour for oriental x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is stunning Ann!!

    Thanks for joining in with another Arty Girlz challenge

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi not sure if I have already told you but am going through the sbs20 list to let you all know I had to get a new blog as I lost my log in details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi

    Love it I cheated as my old peel offs were pre- decorated LOL

    TFS
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I saw the title of this post Ann, I was a bit concerned - but as it turns out I didn't need too. It's a great card
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x