Monday, 29 December 2008

Starting Early!

Click on image to enlarge

I hope you're not all christmassed out but Santa brought me some new stamps to play with this christmas and among them were a couple of Messy Rabbit sets and I couldn't not play with them just because they're christmas stamps!
This is one of those cards that has ended up being completely different than it started out to be but I do like how it's ended up! I intended to use the house etc of the companion set but got side tracked with a different idea so I'll do the other one another time. Back to this one - the backing paper is a happy accident because it is from Joanna Sheen's Fashion Boutique CD and I was printing it to use with a different card. It's supposed to be a creamy, beigey colour but either one of the colours is running out or my printer needs the heads cleaned because this is what I got! As it happens, it goes beautifully with the Messy Rabbit image that I already had coloured in and I was able to use the design to suggest drifting snow and I put it through the swiss dots cuttlebug folder. The tree stamp is from Creative Expressions and just seemed to go very well with Messy. Messy and the tree have been coloured in with various pens, the snow was created with Magic Speckle and crystal glitter was added to the tree. Embellished with cuttlebug corners and silver peel offs.
I've been missing entering callenges and thought I'd have a look to see if it fitted any - I found five!
Tanda Teaser - punches or die cuts
Wednesday Stamper - open theme
Cute Card Thursday - open theme
TGIF - It's all new
Lots To Do - trees. Sadly, this is to be the last challenge at Lots To Do, so do please join in if you can.

Hope you like it and thank you for your visit.

19 comments:

  1. Oh this is absolutely lovely. The colour scheme is great - perhaps you should print out some more of that paper before 'fixing' the printer. That rabbit is just gorgeous. I got him just before Christmas so only made one card with him but I'm itching to make some more - hopefully this week - just because I can.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Ann, I too got some Messy Rabbit stamps but have not used them so far. At least you've made an early start. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Ann you are on the ball!! christmas already hehe ,aww soo cute and gorgeous lilac colours,love this card
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is just way too cute.
    Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. an absolutely beautiful card


    thankyou for joining in with the final lots to do challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ann this is the cutest.
    Absolutely awesome card.

    Thanks Ann for playing the last challenge in this year on TGiF.

    I wish you all the best for 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ann that's a gorgeous card - you really are such a smarty, starting your 2009 cards so early!!! Keep up the good work.
    Best wishes for 2009 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, cute image. Love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful use of Messy Rabbit Ann - Lavvie will be proud of your early start!!!! Thanks for joining the Tanda Teaser this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ann your card is wonderful, and your happy accident is fantastic, I love it.

    luv
    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi

    This is gorgeous and I would never have guessed the card stock wasn't as intended I do love Messy Rabbit!!

    TC
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it is absolutely fabulous. Love the CB background ... brilliant. Well done you.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a cute card! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge.
    Happy New year

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the comment on my atcs and Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable! Love the Cuttlebugged background.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this Messy Rabbit card. The colour of the background is lovely and just goes so well with Messy's jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card Ann, I love it. Happy New Year to you
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x