Friday, 12 December 2008

Special Christmas Card

Usually I put the pictures up first and the write up underneath, but I'm doing this one the other way round in the hope that if I accidentally leave this post open on my computer, DH won't see what I don't want him to! Suzannes challenge this week is 'A card that has a sentimental thought behind it' so now that I've finally got it finished I thought I'd enter DH's christmas card.
I say finally, because at present we tend to be together 24/7 so making it, photographing it and finally posting it can be an artform in itself!!
I decided to make him an open book style card, cutting the three layers out with my robo using a template I created earlier in the year. I used white pearlised card for the largest and smallest layers and gold silk mirri card for the middle layer. I randomly stamped different snowflakes all over the largest layer and embossed with sprinkle n sparkle guilded ivory ep, which gives a lovely subtle effect. I put both pages of the gold mirri through the cuttle bug and created two circular vignettes of winter scenes on the smallest layer using stampscapes stamps. I used twinkling H2Os and a white gel pen to colour the images and added a touch of crystal glitter to each one. I particularly chose to use these stamps because of all the things I do, the stampscape scenes I create are his favourites.
Thank you for your visit and I hope you like it although, I will admit that because of the cards I used, it was a pig to photograph!

Click on images to enlarge


14 comments:

  1. Ann

    I am totally speechless as your card is well words cannot describe it, beautiful, gorgeous, stunning are not enough.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the saame as Irene - that card is just beautiful. I admire your work with the stampscapes so much - I'm not surprise they are your other half's favourite.

    He will love the card ...

    Very clever putting the writing at the top - will have to remember that one.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on completing your secret mission :-)
    It's beautiful

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW STUNNING card - love how you have done this , it will be well recieved and thank you so much for joining in

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb ... and all the harder trying to do it "under cover". Brilliant piece of work.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a stunning card Ann, it looks so expensive and I,m sure he will love it too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Elegant, Classy, Stylish it's beautiful Ann
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann, your cards are always outstanding, but every now and then you take them to a totally different level....this is one of those times!
    I'm sure your husband will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning.Elegent im sure he will be overwhelmed with it Ann ..another amazing card from you

    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is a beautiful card - your stampscapes are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know what to say either Ann as I can't find the right words to describe how exquisite this is, so much work and love has gone into this stunning masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Ann,
    I am happy that I discovered your blog. Fabolous work.
    Saludos desde Ecuador and Felíz Navidad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a stunning card Ann - fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x