Thursday, 4 December 2008

JS Ready Steady Craft Card



Click on images to enlarge

Each month, four members of the Joanna Sheen Forum are chosen to take part in the Ready Steady Craft challenge for the following month's newsletter. I was lucky enough to be one of the four for December. The four people are sent certain "ingredients" to use and can supplement them with items that they may have in their own basic "larder". Making this card was tremendous fun and I wanted to create something that would both protect the stunning decoupage that was part of the ingredients and hopefully stand as a decoration that could be brought out in future years as well as stand duty as a card. I'm not going to go into details about the basic card here because I've done a tutorial for it on my Tutorial and Tips blog.
There is a full write up of how I made the card in the newsletter - if you don't already receive it click here and you can sign up for one for free and see the other three cards too - and believe me, they're well worth seeing.
The one thing that I do want to mention is how I did the candles on the two front pieces. The candles and flames I created in the Design Master software and cut out using the craft robo. The flames were simply done by covering them with versamark and heat embossing with sparkle N sprinkle halo gold embossing powder. The candles were also covered with versamark and embossed with two layers of red ep then a layer of sparkle N sprinkle Magic Speckle was put on top of that and heated. When magic speckle is used in this way it creates a beautiful mosaic effect and I've fallen for this product big time! It can be used in two ways because used on it's own with the versamark it's wonderful for snow.
Thank you for visiting today.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, I've just been admiring your card on the newsletter. It is absolutely stunning. Well done
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card - very special. I saw it in the newsletter and thought wow.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't believe this card when I saw it in the newsletter Ann, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this card on the news letter and I thought "How lovely" it was. I feel privileged to know such a clever talented person!!! Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't had a chance to read the newsletter yet as I've been out for the whole of the last three days but this card looks great. I see Robo played his part in this one too.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ann, I saw you card in the newsletter, and thought it was lovely, but seeing it now it's gorgeous, stunning. Oh you are so talented.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your gorgeous card in the newsletter Ann, it's beautifully crafted, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is superb and a great tutorial. Keep up the good work.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Missus - this is amazing!! Well done - you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x