Monday, 15 December 2008

Another Gatefold Frame Card



Click on images to enlarge

I enjoyed making the first one of these cards so much that I was itching to do another. This one is for my sister and her family - I love making cards for my sister because she really apprecitates the work and effort that I put in and treasures them. The more tactile I make it the more she loves it and this card is also ideal for two challenges:

TGIF - Santa Claus is coming to town
and
Joanna Sheen Forum - decoupage

I've used stardream card again - this time it's mars and ivory. The image is Joanna Sheen victorian decoupage and the backing paper is from Joanna's Victorian Christmas CD.
The front of the card has been kept very simple the two cuttlebug corners cut out of gold mirri card, the Father Christmas and poinsettia stamps were stamped onto a spare piece of ivory stardream with versamark and embossed with halo gold ep. The centre bracts of the poinsettia have been coloured in with a sakura clear stardust pen. The stamps are: Santa - Rubberstampede and Poinsettia - Craft stamper.
Thank you for visiting today

14 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Ann. It's ages since I have done a gatefold card - yours is stunning - you have inspired me.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, your card is gorgeous, I am sure your Sister will fall in love with. I love the images and papers you have used.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ann this is fantastic.
    Fabulous card. Love them.

    Thanks for your wonderful work to TGiF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really pretty ... well done.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card Ann, your attention to detail is always perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so beautiful Ann ,I,m sure it will be treasured. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful card Ann i am sure your family will love it
    your work is soo inspiring

    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely and impressive card Ann.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Card Ann, inspired me to make that style again.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gatefold card. Lovely to look at from the outside and then when you open it up it looks even better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ann, Just to say I have left you a little something on my Blog. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ann - there is something waiting for you on my blog.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x