Wednesday, 19 November 2008

Winter Wonderland

Click on image to enlarge

This card happily fits more than one challenge. It's been in my head since last friday so it's a relief to get it out! Rainbow Lady's challenge this week is "things with wings", Papertake Weekly's challenge is "let it snow", the Joanna Sheen Forum Challenge is "favourite christmas song" - in this case it suits two of mine, "White Christmas" (sung by Bing Crosby of course!) and "Winter Wonderland" and last but not least, the new challenge today for Tanda Teaser which is "Fairy Folk"! I'm delighted to be able to put it into so many challenges, especially as it has a particular purpose - I don't know who my card swap partner for december will be yet, but if it's someone who looks at my blog they'll be getting a sneaky preview........

I created the background using the versamark and inks technique with 4 shades of blue and black dye inks on semi gloss card. I then used 3 of the stampscapes stamps and onyx black versafine to create the scene. I dried the card after creating the background with a heat gun then did the same thing after creating the scene because versafine won't dry on semi glossy card without help. I used a white and a crystal glitter for the snow. The fairy was stamped onto a piece of scrap semi glossy card using the onyx black versafine then triple embossed with clear embossing powder before being cut out and attached to the picture with silicone glue. It was then simply matted and layered onto blue mirri and sliver glitter cards and attached to a white linen base card then embellished with gems and silver rick rack. Thank you for visiting today.
Ann x

16 comments:

  1. Oh Ann, that is simply stunning. You are going to make your swap partner very happy. I never thought of using my stampscapes for Christmas Cards doh!
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very 'magical' looking christmas card Ann, absolutely stunning and how fabulous that it can fit so many challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful image ann, it makes a lovely card. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing - love it Ann. Whoever your card swap partner is in December will be very happy with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this is beautiful! I love all the sparkle and the fairy is so sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cam to mind when I saw this and it seems I'm not alone. It's beautiful.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done Ann with so many challenges. Lovely card and I know your partner will love it. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Ann - is that one of Santa's fairies watching to see if you've been good or bad? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card Ann, the colour is fantastic.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, your card is simply stunning,
    magical infact I can't think of enough words to describe how gorgeous it is.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful image, and you have used it so well. A real winter wonderland card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ann, followed your link from the Graphicus Chat Group. Beautiful card that I know anyone would be proud to receive.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! So effective! Thanks for joining us for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is a work of art Ann, it really is stunning. The overall effect is magical and I love how you have created such an authentic snow effect, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x