Wednesday, 26 November 2008

Suzanne's First Challenge!

Click on image to enlarge
This card is an entry for Suzanne's very first challenge on her blog. I really wanted to enter this one, even if I don't get the time to manage every week - you see, there's a wee story behind this so I hope you'll forgive a wee digression. Last year, the vast majority of my christmas cards were made using Joanna Sheen's Victorian Christmas CD. This was at a time when Joanna's Enchanted Christmas had just come out and was proving to be very popular. I happen to know that Victorian Christmas is one of Suzanne's favourites and she was delighted to see it being used and issued a challenge on to us all on the JS Forum to make a card from this CD that wasn't for christmas. This was just a light hearted thing and I think I was the only one to take her up on it - in fact, I think she's probably forgotten all about it but it gave me my first taste of doing a challenge and the rest, as they say, is history!

Anyway, back to the card - the criteria for this challenge is : "make a card using letters as the main feature. It can be the whole card or letters on the base of a standard card - you choose"

I'm still making christmas cards so C seemed appropriate! I cut the letter out of gold silk mirri card (available from Joanna Sheen) using my craft robo and put it through the snowflake cuttlebug emossing folder. The backing paper and wee topper are both from Dovecraft and were part of a gift that I was given from a non-crafting neighbour who'd won some stash in a raffle. (I know - strange, but he's a nice enough chap in other ways!! lol) A very simple card but I hope you like it.

10 comments:

  1. Wow - love this , no I hadn`t forgotten about the Victorian Christmas Challange , that is what started me doing samples for Joanna the fact I was doing something different , so i`m pleased to be reminded of the fact
    Back to the card - it `s a wonderful design and i`m just so pleased you have taken part in the challenge , thank you
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card Ann and just perfect for Suzanne's challenge.
    I'm hoping to make a start on my challenge card tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Ann.
    The BG paper, the gold embossed initial all look good together.
    I love doing cards using the recipients initials. I am just doing one for a neighbour and got distracted by popping in to the forum! It will fit in just right for Suzanne's challenge
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great card Ann, I do love the cuttlebug embossing. I'm hoping to get mine done soon - been a bit under the weather last couple of days
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann your card in wonderful, I love how you have used the letter C for Christmas and embossed with a cuttlebug folder. And the papers are just perfect.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - I've got to get down to doing mine yet.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely. Really traditional but with modern elements. Having the Craft Robo must be brilliant.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Ann - the embossed gold is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely as usual. I have left you a little something on my blog.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh Ann i do love this card,its so olde fash christmassy
    Just right for Suzannes challenge
    Cant participate as too busy at moment but hopefully once the new year is in i will start
    Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x