Thursday, 6 November 2008

The Ins And Outs Of Ancient Egypt?


Click on image to enlarge

We have both a grandson and a nephew with a birthday this month. Both turn 17 and I think most of us find teenage boys something of a challenge to make cards for! Fortunately, they live on opposite sides of the country so don't see each others' cards. :)
These are both 15cm square cards. The base card is white linen that I've coloured using 3 colours of twinkling H2Os and then created a box frame on the front to house a pyramage image in one and a reverse pyramage image in the other. You'll find a tutorial for the reverse pyramage here.
The images are from Joanna Sheen's Egyptian Adventure CD. This lady has got me out of trouble with 'difficult' cards so often that I'm seriously thinking of putting her forward for superhero status! I copied one of the images from the sheet into publisher re-sized it to what suited and then made enough copies for what I wanted for the pyramage and reverse pyramage then made one extra so that I could use the crop tool to isolate just the cartouche and then copied it to give me the embellishments which I've added with silicone glue. Doing it this way makes it very economical to do - very important just now methinks!! Having got them made, I've discovered that they fit this week's Theme Thursday challenge which is Happy/Happiness.
Hope the boys like them and thank you for visiting today.

21 comments:

  1. OMG these are absolutely stunning.
    Very impressive. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of hard work but with a terrific result. Stunning cards. The colour is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Ann, I know how much you enjoy doing your pyramage (both in and out!) I'm sure the boys will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... love everything about this ... excellent work.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards for a young man. I'm sure they'll both just love them. I love the 'box frame' idea on the card front.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING cards love them as i`m such they`ll be well received
    Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's hope the boys realize how much love and work you put into the cards! Thanks for sharing your journey of creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are really lovely cards, I know what you mean teenage boys are a nightmare to cater for. The technique of these are great Ann. Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards for teenagers ...and I like Joanna Sheen too ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, this is such an incredible art form. I wish I could see this beautiful work you did in person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Ann they are gorgeous. I am sure the boys will be delighted with the cards.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smashing cards for the Boys Ann - love all things Egyptian and the colours on these are great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant - love them.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards and very effective technique

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's me again!! Well done on being featured on the Craft Stamper blog along with Edna!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card, and the colours are so vibrant
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning cards, they must have taken ages to make but well worth the effort. The pyramage effect works wonderfully with that image.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x