Monday, 27 October 2008

Two Way Open Card Magic




Click on images to enlarge

I have thoroughly enjoyed making this card. Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week is magic and mystery and once again Cynthia got my creative juices flowing. I saw a tutorial for a two way open card on Splitcoast Stampers and wanted to give it a go. It's really easy to do but I changed the sizings to suit myself and to give me a finished 6" square card. The single piece base is a blue foil card and my two opening pieces are a white glistening card - very similar to the stardream that Joanna Sheen stocks. Sorry I can't be more specific but I bought it ages ago and couldn't bring myself to use it but now that I know I can replace it with stardream, I can!! The front piece of the side opening part of the card has been cut in half on the diagonal and the remaining piece put through the divine swirls cuttlebug folder and parts of the swirls highlighted with glitter in the manner of the bandana technique. This lovely glitter fits in with the Joanna Sheen Forum Challenge this week. The tent opening part of the card has been sponged using a blue metallic sakura pen that I 'scribbled' onto an acrylic block and then picked up with a barely damp sponge. I'm very pleased with the effect which can be changed depending on how damp the sponge is and I'll be using this technique again - especially as I had no idea if it would work but the pen was the colour I wanted! I've coloured the fabric flower using the same method. The main image is a stunning one from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Angel and Fairies CD and I've decoupaged the lily at the top of the picture. The self adhesive pearls at the top left and bottom right beside the main image are also from Joanna Sheen. I love making something different and think this one fits that bill! Hope you like it and thank you for visiting today.

17 comments:

  1. STUNNING card - I love the design - it works so well
    Thanks for sharing this
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stunning, I love it.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab-u-lous is the word for this one Ann. Wonderful image and design too - love it. Thanks for playing again Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a stunning card Ann your cards are getting better and better very creative love it
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!!!
    Stunning!!!!!
    Love it!!!!!

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card. CB front is brilliant.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I say, that really is stunningly beautiful!!!!!!! What a brilliant fold/design, so different. I am really struggling with my card for Cynthia's challenge as I have stamped and coloured the image I was hoping to use 5 times and each one has ended up in the bin as I have hated the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card,very unusual
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really beautiful! What a fabulous fold of card too - I am going to have to give that one a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow what can I say? It's just gorgeous.

    simply gorgeous.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Ann, I really love it. It is so unique and clever!!! Cathy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Ann. I love the style of the fold and will definitely try that. The whole thing works beautifulloy.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply stunning, love it. The design is fantastic, well done.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x