Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Stampscapes stair fold card


Click on images to enlarge

This card came about because of two things:
1. I saw this style of card on Wendy's blog and wanted to try it out, and
2. I've been wanting to colour a stampscapes scene with just twinkling H2Os ever since I first got my stamps.
Well I finally got around to it. The only reason I haven't done it before is because I wasn't confident of the result to begin with but there comes a point when you have to bite the bullet and just go for it - so I did! Unfortunately, getting a photo that does it justice is a different matter and I've lost count of how many I've taken before I decided that this was as good as it was likely to get. I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to show you the lovely shimmer that works especially well with the water (although it shows a bit better if you click on it to enlarge the pic). I've simply edged the main image with a black inkpad and matted it onto silver holographic card. On the two front steps I've used some of the card I created using black glossy card, opalite inks and the Background technique with versamark and inks. The smallest step uses a piece of the clear embossed and the second step a piece of the non embossed. Both have been put through the cuttlebug divine swirls folder. I haven't added a greeting yet because I haven't decided what I'll use it for.
I've been happy to discover that it fits with three challenges this week too:
ABC Challenge - nature
Lots to Do - nature
Wednesday Stamper - open theme using at least one rubber stamp, this one uses 5 so that's ok!
I'm struggling with pain at the moment so can only do things for very short amounts of time but do like to support challenges when I can. Thanks for dropping by today.

23 comments:

  1. Fab card, really like this fold but have not tried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is absolutely stunning.
    Fantastic card. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation Ann well done. Take care and get some rest. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card - love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work - just love this design you have done
    Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous your stampscape cards are just fabulous.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous, Ann. I love the embellishment on top of the cuttlebug swirls. Great card. Someone will be overjoyed to receive such a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this gorgeous card Ann and am pleased you got around to using the H2Os on that stamped image as it is very effective indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Ann 3 in 1 you lucky girl! Your card is stunning and I love the stamp. Hope your pain is easing a bit x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Ann - fabulous work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, even though you say the photo does not do it justice, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so good with the landscape stamps Ann.
    This one is beautiful

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful piece of work. The colouring with the H2O's is terrific.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, and fantastic stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. a beautiful card

    thankyou for joining in with the lots to do challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. love the colours used.

    Thank you for joining in with the lots to do challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x