Monday, 13 October 2008

Lady Reading


Click on image to enlarge

Rainbow Lady's Challenge
this week is own choice so I thought I'd share this one with you.
This is one of the wonderful images from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Companion CD set. There is a series of images on CD1 that feel very serene to me - perhaps where I'd like to be if it was possible to leave real life behind for a little while sometimes. They also lend themselves beautifully to traditional decoupage. I've chosen an ivory card stock for the base card and one of the extra backing papers from the same CD set for the central strip. The picture is so beautiful and the decoupage works so well that I decided to keep everything else to a minimum - so the only other things used are gold mirri card, gold organza ribbon and peel offs. Thank you for dropping by today.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful Ann, I love this image and also the CD
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - love this - the lady looks deep in thought
    Great design
    Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, Joanna CD's are just fab although mine are collecting dust ATM!!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann

    Your card is beautiful, serene and gorgeous. I wish I was there also.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series are my favourites on the CD and I just love what you've done with this Ann. I agree they do have a very peaceful feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very peaceful card Ann, the lady looks as though she's really enjoying her book. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this image, and love what you have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favourites from that CD too Ann. Beautiful card - I think serene describes it to a T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this image is beautiful and the card's simplicity really shows it off well.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a serene image Ann, I agree, and a beautifully serene card made from it. I love this collection of images on the CD as well :)

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful inspiration.

    Jo XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that image ... beautiful card.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, great image
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so lovely Ann, a real serene image. I feel like grabing a book and finding some sunshine. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x