Monday, 6 October 2008

Bandana Technique Challenge


Click on images to enlarge

Both the ATC and Gothic Arch are for Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week. Cynthia has a guest designer setting the challenge again this week, Christine from Belgium and she chose the bandana technique. This is something I've had on my list to try for a while and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it - which is why I'm showing you two things for this challenge. Both backgrounds have been created using just one shade of alcohol ink and then overstamping but instead of stamping the main images in black, I've done them using versafine imperial purple. My white gel pen hasn't been used in a while and decided to sulk about it, so I've used a white sakura souffle pen for creating the bandana effect. All the stamps used are from the elusive images filigree fusion set. If you would like to learn more about the bandana technique, Cynthia has some useful links on the blog.
Thank you Cynthia and Christine for another great challenge and thank you for stopping by today.

12 comments:

  1. Ann,

    I am gobsmacked by your projects, they are absoloutely stunning.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous.Love the colours.

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann its absoloutely beautiful I love this tecnique I think I might have ago because it looks so effective.

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, your projects are spectacular. I haven't got around to this one yet.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - how wonderfil is this
    Love it
    Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann - thanks for the hints. Love your filigree cards, can't work out why it's called bandana, but will have to have a go

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Ann!! Really stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks a great technique, love what you have done!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow what amazing work. Stunning - I love the way you have used purple instead of black. Totally amazing effect. My pen didn't work that brill either - very annoying isn't it.
    ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this - I've only ever seen it done in black - I love the paisley look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just amazing, love the colours!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x