Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Purple Christmas

Click on images to enlarge

This card has been a nightmare to photograph! It's partly the reflective aspect of some of the paper and card used and partly the poor light due to the weather here today so I've put two up to give you a fighting chance!
It's been a real struggle to get this made, we've been having a very difficult time just recently which isn't over yet and it has robbed me of both time and energy. What that last sentence is leading up to, is that I've done it for two challenges - but both are for Rainbow Lady's Challenge blog! I really wanted to do the sketch that Beryl created for challenge number 31 but just couldn't fit it in - so I've used it for the design for this week's monochrome challenge which is for a christmas card. Now this really was a challenge - especially as I've already used blue and the idea is to use a different colour of the rainbow each time Cynthia sets one of these challenges. In the end I decided to go with purple (just in case you didn't guess!!) and I have managed to stick to the monochrome feel for everything except the ribbon and bow. The sentiment and snowman were stamped using versafine imperial purple onto a piece of linen card that I had painted with purple twinkling H2O. The sentiment panel has been put through the cuttlebug snowflakes folder and the snowman has been coloured with sakura clear and purple stardust pens and the snowflake peel offs were coloured with a purple permanent marker then most of the colour wiped back off before it dried. It feels like this card's been a long time coming but it's finally here and I hope you like it.

15 comments:

  1. Lovely card Ann, very different but still Christmassy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours for a Christmas card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Ann and of course in my favourite colour of all times. Thanks for playing and getting two challenges in one.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Ann, I love the colour
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its lovely Ann I love the colour I think Christmas cards created in colours other than the norm are just as beautiful.

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Ann, so different but gorgeous.

    l;uv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulos card and lovely tones
    Well done you
    Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. How versatile of you to come up with so many different tones of purple and so many interesting textures to create a monochrome card that has ood;es of appeal. It's lovely.
    Love,
    SammieJay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tip for the sentiment.
    SJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love purple so this is defo a winner with me. I'm a coward and haven't attempted Cynthia's monotone challenges - isn't that awful of me - don't tell her.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Ann , love the colour makes a refreshing change to the traditional red and green.

    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's lovely Ann, I love seeing 'different coloured' Christmas cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely card. Hope that things get better for you. Just had a look at your other blog and there are some great things, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant card and my favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x