Wednesday, 10 September 2008

May Life.....

Click on image to enlarge

I'm jumping in at the last minute with Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week which is to use playing cards. I scanned the 4 aces from a pack I bought in spain celebrating 4 of spain's best known artists - and I've just spotted a mistake with one of them - how annoying! It is also my entry for this week's Gothic Arches challenge which is pretty in pink. I created the background using raisin alcohol ink (my first foray into alcohol inks) and then over stamped with a stamp from the Elusive images filigree fushion set. The text is computer generated. I've thoroughly enjoyed making this - it's a while since I've managed to fit a gothic arch challenge in and I usually keep them for myself so I'm a happy bunny! Thank you for visiting today.

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation Ann and love the alch inks background well done you on trying them. You will be hooked I am sure. Those playing cards are great too and two challenges in one as well. Thanks for playing again.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Ann, I love the colours you have chosen, and also the gothic arch.

    luvb
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow brilliant arch.
    Amazing design. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the nick of time -well done: I'd been looking forward to seeing what you would do for this one and it is fabulous. The shade of pink and the way you have created the back ground are particularly effective and I really like those cards you found in Spain.
    Best wishes,
    SammieJay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Ann on trying something different with the inks and on entering two challenges. Your card is not only fabulous but also totally unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - just love the coloured background
    Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really great take on the challenges Ann and I love the colours you chose to use.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the cards on the arch. Love it. Great verse.
    Thanks fro taking part. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was only thinking yesterday that I hadn't seen any gothic arches done recently. The background is terrific. Alcohol inks are fun aren't they?
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The playing cards are great on this pretty arch.
    Ros

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x