Thursday, 11 September 2008

An Impressionable Pansy?


Click on image to enlarge

The little extra mid-week dare on DCM is called "Did we make an impression?" and the challenge is to use dry embossing in whatever form. Well, those of you who have visited before will know that I need no excuse to get my cuttlebug folders out! One of the things I love about them is the way they change certain card and that's what's happened here. The backing card is a purple holographic that I put through the swiss dots folder and added a piece of knotted ribbon to. Of course the nature of this type of card makes it very difficult to photograph! The stamps used came with my Graphicus Guild membership pack and were stamped with onyx black versafine and the pansy coloured using inketense pencils. the only other additions were the brads. The quality of these stamps is excellent and if you enlarge the picture you will see that the pansy image was stamped onto a linen card and has come up perfectly. A very simple card but I hope you like it and thanks for your visit.

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Ann, that stamp is just beautiful and you know that I'm another huge CB fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card Ann,you are very talented.
    Thankyou for you comment on my blog

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Ann and yes the CB does make such a difference all the time.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Ann - I love how the Cuttlebug embossing altered your mirror card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card - just love it
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Ann. That pansy stamp is lovely and looks really good stamped onto linen card. I like this effect too.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann,

    A beautiful and stunning card. I love the stamp and colours.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne,
    I’ve never embossed on holographic card before but I love the effect it creates on your card. Thanks for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great effect with cuttlebug - love the card.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I particularly like the effect of the stamping on the linen look paper. It makes the flower look translucent, like in real life.
    Sammie Jay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous Ann you make such stunning cards
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Stunning never thought of embossing holographic card will definately be trying that !!

    TFS
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooohhh, I like this very much, the colours are really striking.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x