Saturday, 27 September 2008

Granddaughter's Birthday - Part 2




Click on images to enlarge

Well, this has been a week and a half! I fully expected to be posting this the day after I posted the card but you know what they say about the best laid plans..............still, at least it's here at last! This is a gift voucher/money wallet and because we don't live near to the grandchilren we usually give them cash - so I'm always on the lookout for new ideas for this. Last week's Saturday's Workout challenge was folding and Sandy made one of these as her sample and very kndly gave the link to the project. I'm too late to be able to enter it into the challenge, but it makes a great gift wallet that can be used afterwards too. I've made labels that I've stamped words onto that either describe Sophie, say what she means to us, what we wish for her or any combination of all three! The middle picture shows one of the labels tucked behind her name to show that there is a pocket there but I'll be making a couple of ATCs for the front and back pockets. With the front and back pockets, the two side ones (where you can see the bulk of the labels tucked into) and two on the inside, this could be used to store 6 ATCs or photos etc. Click here for the instructions for the wallet. The labels have ribbon attached so I'm adding this as a second entry into this week's Joanna Sheen Forum Challenge too. Thanks for visiting and I hope you like it.

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea, it's lovely Ann. I do the same with my grandchildren, so many thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fabulous work - lovely idea
    Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann it's beautiful - I havr the same problem with friens teenage children

    TFS and the link
    TC
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally gorgeous and what a great idea. Thanks dfor posting the link too so we can all add this to our repertoire. I always end up sending money to my sister's children and a homemade card so now I'll combine the two too!
    Thanks for sharing,
    SammieJay

    ReplyDelete
  5. ann

    It's gorgeous and a fabulous idea.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous idea Ann and thanks for the link - something I can do with my class. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann that is the most stunning money wallet I have every seen, it's pefect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo love how you've done this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea and great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Ann. Ben's black and blue and went into a it of shock but there's no internal damage to his ear. I wish he wouldn't play this game, but he loves it... I know what I would put in a wish card for him like all those beautiful words you used for Sophie.
    Love,
    SammieJay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Sophie will love this - fantastic work. love it.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x