Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Granddaughter's Birthday Card




Click on images to enlarge

Morning everyone - I'm having another 'one of those weeks' I'm afraid so not getting done what I'd hoped but this one is important because it's for our granddaughter who will be 11 soon - and she's becoming quite the young lady so it couldn't be too childish! At the same time though, I needed to find the balance because she is still a child after all even if she would be insulted to hear me say so. Joanna Sheen came to the rescue once again for almost everything. I decided to make an overcoat card which is an excellent design for a special card. You can get the instructions for how to make it here if you want to have a go yourselves. I've used ivory stardream card that I got from Joanna for the two main base pieces and a piece of 12 x 12 scrapbooking card from my stash for the outermost wrap. The image and bluebell backing paper came from Joanna's Dancing with Shadows CD, and the other backing paper from Fashion Boutique - this paper was also used for the name (repeated right round the wrap) and the happy birthday all of which were cut out on the robo. The main image has the bluebells and cherub decoupaged. The gold silk mirri card (also from Joanna) has been cuttlebugged and the overcoat is held closed by a narrow satin ribbon. This is also my entry this week for the challenge on the Joanna Sheen Forum. Thanks for visiting today.

13 comments:

  1. I love making these over coat cards and this one is gorgeous! I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann, what a simply spectacular card. I just love it - I know what you mean about young girl cards. I made one recently for my daughter to give to her god-daughter and it didn't go down well at all and she was only 7!!
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card - just love it and it will be well received
    Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ann, I just love it, such a beautiful card and I'm sure your grand-daughter will love it too. I know what you mean about kids growin up. I made a 'cutsie'card for my daughter to give to her god-daughter and it didn't go down well at all and she was only 7Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too- one of my favourite images from Dancing with Shadows. I am sure your grandaughter will be delighted with it. I shall be trying to make one when I have read your instructions.
    Thanks for sharing Ann

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann,

    Your card is stunning and amazing, I love it. I am sure your grand-daughter will love it.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a gorgeous card Ann it really is and perfect for an 11 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is a special card. I've never seen an overcoat card before, but it's a beautiful shape and a lovely idea. You've done it again!!!
    Love,
    SammieJay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, great colours and so inventive.

    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really fantastic card nAnn, I'm sure your grandaughter will be delighted with it. Thanks for sharing the tut link x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a lovely card for you granddaughter
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards ... thanks for your kind comments about mine.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x