Monday, 8 September 2008

Far from the Madding Crowd


Click to enlarge image

The challenge on the Joanna Sheen Forum this week is "Books - choose a book title and make a card that describes it."
The book I've chosen is "Far From The Madding Crowd" by Thomas Hardy. This is my first try at an A4 card and came about because I was experimenting with my stampscapes and the picture just seemed to grow till in the end I had to decide whether I was going to frame it or put it on a card - which meant an A4. In the end I decided on a card because I don't think it's good enough to frame. I created the background using the Background technique with versamark and inks then created the scene with various stampscapes stamps and masking. I then added a little more colour with home made sponge daubers to add extra tones to the sky, some brown for the chapel, tree trunks and path and some pinks and lilacs on the fells, then sponged some black around the edges. The black embellishment, I created in the design master software for the craft robo from a piece of clip art. I cut it out of black card then triple embossed it with clear EP which has given it a lovely shiny black metallic look. All I've done to finish it off is mat and layer and add some gems to the corners and the embellishment. Thank you for visiting and if you leave a comment, thank you for that too - I greatly appreciate each one.

12 comments:

  1. WOW Ann, how can you say you don't think it's good enough to frame, it's just fabulous! You do such wonderful things with these stamps and you obviously enjoy using them to create different projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann it is stunning I love it I just wish I could produce something half as good.

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann

    Another fantastic scene. You do wonderful things with these stamps, and are sooooooooo talented.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant!! Great interpretation of the challenge and a stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's it going to end? It's another lovely card. The embellishment is great. You make good use of that Craft Robo. (It's no secret - I am jealous).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Ann very atmospheric
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Ann and fits the challenge perfectly. When are you going there? Can I come too!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card - scene - piece of art. You are just so clever.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic Ann. The colouring is just superb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann its gorgeous,you are very clever the way you position your stamps and make such stunning cards
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you know Ann you talk rubbish sometimes lol it is well good enough to frame and I won't hear otherwise so there. Lovely whatever it is - card or picture so well done. Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann this is amazing, it must have taken such a long time but what a fabulous result!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x