Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Diamond Shaped Pyramage and Reverse Pyramage

Click on images to enlarge
These are my first cards from Joanna Sheen's Angel and Fairies CD and certainly won't be my last! I decided to do a pyramage and reverse pyramage with a difference and use a diamond shape. I've added this variation to the workshop I did for the original one on my Tutorial & Tips blog if you want to check out how I did it.
The pyramage card also uses a backing paper that matches the image, a piece of backing paper from Joanna's Fashion Boutique CD1, a scalloped gold mirri mat, a piece of gold ribbon and a cuttlebug die cut.
The reverse pyramage is set in a frame card (which you will find a link to a tutorial for in the reverse pyramage tutorial). I created the frame using a stamp from the Elusive Images Filigree Fusion stamp sheet and Sprinkle and Sparkle gold detail embossing powder. Perhaps you can give me your opinion here - I love the frame created with this stamp, but is it too much for this image?

8 comments:

  1. Ann, your cards are gorgeous.
    I love them.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Ann, I see you didn't waste any time using your new CDs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have got the balance just right with these Ann. I like them both and the reverse pyramage is stunning. Love the background detail of the stamp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ann, they are gorgeous. I think I'm going to have to add yet another item to my wish list :)
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think both are fabulous Ann and love the freames too.
    I can't do the invertage at all very confused lol
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card Ann and think the frame is perfect as you have kept it 'light'. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the frame is lovely. It really shows the main image off to perfection. I've seen the tutorial but haven't attempted one of these yet. One day soon, hopefully.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cards Ann, truly beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x