Monday, 15 September 2008

Autumn Leaves....

Click image to enlarge

Good morning all - my posts and blog visits may be a bit sparodic for a day or two so please bear with me - it's all in a good cause though, because my DH is upgrading my computer for me so it should eventually make things easier for me. I say eventually because it will also have vista so I'll have to get various drivers and such like. I believe it's called progress......... :)
Anyway, to today's post... this is my entry for Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week which is called Autumn leaves and not for the first time, Cynthia has kick started me with her challenge because Falling Leaves is also the subject of an ATC swap I enjoy taking part in but have struggled to do them for the last few months - not so this month though so I hope it's eventual recipient will like it.
It's also by way of a tribute to the late and very great Nat King Cole - while I was having a think about how I was going to approach this one, the song was going round in my head and became my starting point. The text is computer generated and printed onto a piece of linen card. The background for the ATC was created with alcohol inks and the leaf stamp was part of a scrapbooking kit I got. I've just stamped onto a gold pearlescent paper and a dark red textured paper. They were a bit of a fiddle to cut out but thanks to finding decoupage snips via Joanna Sheen, much easier than they would have otherwise been! Having made it, I've since realised that it also fits the Papertake Weekly Challenge that I've just and so made this week.
Thank you for visiting today and I hope I'll see you soon :o))

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Ann, as are all of the ones I have missed by not being around for a while
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann

    Your ATC is wonderful and certainly fits the bill.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Ann, but would we expect anything less from you? Hope you get your upgrade done soon so we don't miss you for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann the ATC is just perfect you have caught the essence of Autumn

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love that background Ann and the whole atc is great.
    Thanks for playing again
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - how gorgeous is that - love the colours
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours on this one Ann. It's lovely.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fits the bill perfectly I would say,

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder if your tribute to Nat King Cole is the same song as my favourite "Les Feuilles Mortes" as in the title of my blog post for the same challenge? I know that the English version of the song is called Autumn Leaves, but I find the french version so much more... well ooh la la! Am just going to do a google search on it -I bet it's the same. Meanwhile I'm adding you to my blogroll. Hope that's ok with you.
    Love,
    SammieJay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ATC Ann,i was hoping to do this challenge this week,but nooo time

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful Ann, I love the colours :)

    Jo XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful Ann, perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x