Wednesday, 27 August 2008

Transatlantic Flight?

Click on image to enlarge

It's my brother-in-law's birthday in september and like many men he's not always easy to make cards for so I'm grateful once again to Cynthia for last thursday's challenge on Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog and the inspiration it gave me. I'm also grateful to Friday Sketchers for the sketch that helped to inspire the overall design. He and my sister are taking their 7 year old twins to Disney World in Florida for the first time next month so the mode of transport seemed appropriate although I dare say they're hoping for a slightly more modern plane for their flights! I normally have a good rummage among my scraps for sketch cards but this time, the two backing papers as well as the image have come from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Companion CDs. (How on earth did I manage before I got this set??) I hope he likes it!

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful - this card is just the ticket!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely Ann and perfect for your BIL. I agree that they may want a more modern plane for that long journey! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely Ann I am sure your BIl will love it.

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Ann and I am sure your brother in law will love it.
    Those background sheets are stunning too.
    Thanks for playing and love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Ann, I'm sure your BIL will love it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I am sure he will like it. It's a lovely card and very appropriate.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this one -it is so sophisticated! And one again we demonstrate the gulf between our types of creativty as you go for an elegant vintage plane and I pretend I'm back at playschool with a primary coloured boat LOL!
    I hope you are well!
    Love,
    Sammie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Ann, your BIL will love it

    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card Ann and im sure your BIL will too
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just perfect Ann. Lovely image and the backing paper is delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card - just love it
    Thanks or sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann,
    There is something for you on my blog ;-)
    Love,
    SammieJay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card...men are so hard to make cards for! Thanks for trying my sketch and for joining us at friday sketchers.
    Carole ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm sure he'll love it. It's a great card for a man.
    Beryl T xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Ann, I am sure your brother in law will be delighted with the card.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x