Wednesday, 13 August 2008

There was an old cat that lived in a shoe....

Click on image to enlarge

The subject of this week's MTTC is cats. I hope you don't mind a 'one I made earlier' for this one. I made it to send out with our new contact details inside when we moved house last september. I must confess that I did it all digitally because I couldn't get at my stash at the time. but the image and backing papers are from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Companion CDs. I just love this image of the cats and it just seemed ideal for announcing a house move! I added the words using publisher. I created it by importing the backing paper and image into publisher and layering them up then added the words. I then saved the whole thing as a jpeg image and imported it into a digital scrapbooking program to add the frame and photo clips before printing it off and mounting it onto a white base card. I think it just shows the versatility of these CDs and that you can still create something outside of the norm even when all you can get at is some blank card, your computer and printer.
Ann x

14 comments:

  1. Great card Ann, as always. I love the title - so apt
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann its lovely the image of the cats is beautiful.

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Ann.
    I'm not a cat person but that is such a sweet image
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Ann, there are some gorgeous animal images on VC but I keep forgetting about them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats so lovely, such a cute image too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love these victorian cat images, they sre just so sweet. A lovely card Ann and perfect for a moving house card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Ann, the cat image is so cute
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. I too love Joanna Sheen this is great hugs Arlinex

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so lovely. I loved the title too...that is typical "cat" isnt it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card - thank you for joining in the challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Ann. I love cat cards and this one's so cute.

    Beryl T xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - what a wonderful card
    Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely image great card love it!!

    Love the note book I'm sure you'll remember to use it, be the smartest shopper in the store!!

    TFS
    TC :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x