Saturday, 2 August 2008

Swirls and Flourishes

Click on picture to enlarge

This was one of those projects that I changed my mind about half way through - it started out as a card, but as you know from earlier posts, like so many others I haven't got much crafting time just now. Of course, that's when my brain buzzes with ideas so out came my bind-it-all and I decided to make myself and nice book to jot them down in - hopefully it'll stop me going mad!! It's for Rainbow Lady's Challenge which this week is swirls and flourishes. My stamped flourish panel came about when I was playing about with the background for the previous card, seeing how well the technique works with matt card - the answer is it doesn't!! I didn't throw it out though, just because it wasn't right for the other project didn't mean it wouldn't be right for another - as proved to be the case here. I already had a fancy for adding swirls to it before Cynthia posted the challenge so I did as soon as I saw it. I've used two different cuttlebug folders, a Tilda image that was part of my gift from Cynthia a few weeks ago and some brads. The whole came together thanks to a sketch from Friday Sketchers.
I hope you like it and thank you for coming to look.
Ann x

14 comments:

  1. Love all the CBug pieces on here Ann. Makes great background and Tilda looks quite happy here. Thanks for playing again.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous little book Ann, great use of the sketch and love Tilda :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow Wow - love it , fab colours
    I do love visiting your site
    Thansk for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really beautiful. I think we would be lost without CB's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ideas book Ann, it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet project Ann. It's a really good idea to have a wee book to jot your thoughts down on. If you're anything like me you will get a great idea in the middle of the night and by the morning it has gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design Ann, funny how things never turn out as you imagine them! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little book Anne, what a clever idea
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a lovely creation and great job using the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful Ann - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this little book Ann. The layout, colours, just everything really and as my BIA arrived yesterday I'm looking for some inspiration, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x