Monday, 11 August 2008

Scrumdiddlyumptious!

Click on image to enlarge

When I made my ideas book the other day, I was left with some pieces of paper from the pages that I had cut to size and it seemed a shame to throw them out. They were a perfect size for a handbag sized notebook so I thought that if I made a really nice one for my shopping lists I might actually remember to take them with me!! I'm sure that I'm not the only one who writes lists out only to leave them on the arm of the sofa or the corner of my desk - well hopefully, no more. The DCM challenge this week is about food and in particular summer food and what better theme for a notebook for shopping lists? I made the covers by covering card with backing paper from my artylicious filigree fusion CD. The pear stamp is rubbadubbadoo and the strawberry came with a recent Craft Stamper magazine, both were coloured using inktense pencils. The 'remember' stamp is from a See D's set and seemed rather appropriate! My trusty bind-it-all has bound it all together.
Thanks for popping by today.
Ann x


18 comments:

  1. That is something I could definitely do with making - I always forget my lists!! My memory is not what it used to be either! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I never take a list and come home missing anything up to 5 items that I needed. Your wee book is great. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, as always. I have a notepad in my handbag, but not nearly as lovely as this. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Ann - a wonderful idea. I'm terrible with shopping lists too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous and a good idea. I would say I leave my list behind 50% of the time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - how beautiful - love the colours and the strawberries my fav
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous notebook Ann, I ALWAYS forget my lists, so maybe this could be one of my new projects for my BIA (if I ever get time to try it out!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a winner Ann. I don't have the trouble of remembering, I just send DH!!
    I love the combo of stamps, isn't that wee strawberry just the best. I've started to buy CS again after a long break and I have to say I'm really enjoying it.
    The notebook is a great idea and would be perfect for a wee gift as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty little notepad Ann.
    Definitely more chic that the old envelopes I use for shopping lists!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea Ann. You'll look so efficient walking round the supermarkets now.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I love what you've done here. My shopping list is always a scrappy piece of paper - whatever is nearest when I decide to write one. And even then I usually leave it lying on the desk or kitchen table....

    Hope it works for you

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is lovely Ann, certainly wouldn't want to leave that behind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beatuiful stamping and colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so gorgeous - love the way you have combined the stamps. The colouring is great - inktense are my favourite pencils - I just love them.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooo--this is a great take on the dare! I'd be afraid to use up pretty notebooks, but it is a great gift idea, especially if it were refillable... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your little book, a great idea!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colours and it is just stinking cuuuute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely notebook Ann. Great to see the CS cover mount being put to good use.
    Katy x

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x