Tuesday, 5 August 2008

A Prize Ginger Jar!

Click on picture to enlarge

Morning everyone - this morning I'm sharing a card with you that has been a great pleasure to make. You may remember that Anne celebrated her first blogoversary last month with a prize challenge that was judged by her Granddaughter. Well, I was thrilled when Caitlin chose my card - especially as I was up against some very stiff competition from Beryl! My prize was the Glitter Girls Eastern Promise embossing board which I didn't already have and was delighted with. This is the first card I've made using it so hope I've done it justice. I used a backing paper from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Companion CDs on the main card and for the ginger jar and used up some scraps of gold mirri card to pick out some of it's features. I've put it onto some irridescent parchluscent paper that I put through the cuttlebug textile folder - and managed to match up the pattern which I wasn't sure I'd be able to with this design so I'm pleased with that! The irridescence on this particular piece of parchluscent paper has a slight greenish hue so works well with the backing paper (which is card really because I printed it onto satin photo paper). The frame was made using the GG framey board and a matt gold. The only other embellishment is a coin and tassel. Thank you for your visit today.
Ann x

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning the Eastern Promise board Ann....and WOW what a beautiful card you've made with it!

    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... a superb card all round, but then I would expect nothing less. That is one of the boards I haven't yet got ... but you have made a fantastic job of this card ... excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Anne, and congratulations on winning such a great prize
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Ann. Fab card and great that you won even though you did beat Beryl lol
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on winning the board. What a fab card you have made with it already, hope you have lots more fun with your prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly have done it justice Ann. I look forward to seeing more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOw this is out of this world - stunning love the pleated or twisted tassel - i`m doing a bit on tassels soon - so hope you don`t mind me adding this idea

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Ann and well done on winning the board, you've certainly put it to good use here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on winning this great prize and producing a fabulous card

    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that is really classy and beautifully constructed. Love the way you have combined the different papers and card.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have made a beautiful card with the board Ann. I don't have any of the GG boards as I prefer to use my lighbox but this is stunning. Well done on winning the prize too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Ann. The board definitely went to the right home.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x