Sunday, 24 August 2008

In My Garden

Click on images to enlarge

Well, I didn't manage to get back to post this yesterday but at least I'm here today. I did this one for the August card swap on the Joanna Sheen forum. The brief was to use a picture of either your garden or pet although a former pet was allowed. I've actually used pics of our last garden because we haven't had chance to do much with this one yet and I wanted my partner to have a nice card! It hasn't been very easy to photograph unfortunately. I made a waterfall for the inside and used three pictures of the garden - the top one being the waterfeature designed and built by my husband and the fourth picture was of a sunrise taken from our then front door step. I made a backing paper in kaleidoscope creator from the picture of the water feature. The card itself is a gate fold that I designed in the design master software and cut out with the robo. What you can't see in the pictures is the embossing on the bottom parts of the front of the card to make it look like the wooden panels in a garden gate. After I had got it made, I discovered that it fits for both the Arty Girlz and Tanda Teaser challenges who ask for shapes on your card this week. I think the gates qualify as shapes, don't you? :)

Thank you for your visit today, hope to see you again soon
Ann x

10 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Ann and how personal for you and your partner. You are a clever girl, putting all these tools of yours to good use and coming up with such a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a wonderful card, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, it is a beautiful card, your card partner will be thrilled with it. I would count the gates as shapes, so yes I think it covers both challenges perfectly
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graet card Ann and i love the new look blog
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW STUNNING - what a great idea - I love waterfall cards but this is amazing - thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so cool - what an amazing idea. I don't usually like waterfall cards much but this one has style.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann, this is beautiful and so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I must admit to being stumped with this one. You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea to use pics for a waterfall instead of stamped images...I have an idea for a scrapbook page that would work well using this idea thanks for reminding me :)
    www.cardsandchat.blogspot.com
    Janette
    SBS20

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x