Monday, 25 August 2008

Exam Congratulations

Click on the image to enlarge

This card is for my nephew who has done really well in his GCSE's - his hard work has been rewarded with excellent grades and I'm very proud of him.
The decoupaged image is from Joanna Sheen's Egyptian Adventures CD. I decided to try something different and printed this one onto a linen card. It worked fine but I don't think I'll do it again because the type of card doesn't show up well enough to warrant using my precious linen card and also because I think I prefer the slight sheen I get with the satin photo paper I usually use. You don't find these things out unless you try though do you? I have cut the front of the card on the diagonal and used a backing paper from the same CD and edged with gold pentouch on the part that's left then mounted the topper and greeting onto gold mirror card. He's quite a sophisicated young man so I think he'll like it!
Ann x

12 comments:

  1. A really lovely card Ann.
    I bet he loves it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the diagonal effect - it really suits the image.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your nephew will love the card Ann and well done on his exam results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your nephew and im sure he will lovee the card Ann
    unusual but good!!

    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great card Ann, and I'm sure your nephew will love it. I like the diagonal aspect of it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunning card
    Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant design, it looks like fabric Ann, very stylish card which will be treasured I am certain :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card, I am sure your nephew will be thrilled to receive it.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three great cards Ann but the most praise has to go to your new blog page. It's lovely. I don't think I'll be trying it if it took you that long though.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smashing card Ann as is the lovely christening card. TFS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to your Nephew - I am sure he will be delighted with his card! PS Love what you have been doing with the blog design!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x