Tuesday, 19 August 2008

Artylicious Stampboard Competition

Click on the image to enlarge

Well this card must have had one of the longest gestation periods of any I've made! It's over a week since I started it but at last it's finished. The only reason it took so long is that I have been rather busy wearing my other hat these last few days but I finally got a few hours to finish it last night and Oh boy did I enjoy myself! I've only used stampboard once before and at the time I didn't know what I was using so in a way, this is the first time I've used it deliberately. It's for Glenda's Stampboard challenge/competition.

I created the backgrounds using twinkling H2Os and the waste water as described on my Tutorial and Tips blog. Then I stamped one of the flourishes stamps from the new Elusive Images filigree fantasy set with versamark ink and embossed with a detail gold sparkly embossing powder on both pieces. I punched a hole in my piece of stampboard using my cropodile and added colours using chalk inks and a stipple brush. Then I stamped the same stamp with versamark and embossed with the same EP. I used a craft knife to scratch some of the colour away in the flourishes to highlight them then added a piece of leather thong to create a necklace, adding a couple of small notches to the top of the base card to help it to sit better. The background card and paper has been layered onto gold mirri card and the only other embellishments are gold organza ribbon and a gold birthday greeting rub on. Thank you for coming to look
Ann x

13 comments:

  1. Ann, that is gorgeous absolutely stunning. I still haven't made up my mind about Glenda's Challenge yet. Everything I see so far is so much better than anything I could do. Must admit tho' I do like stampbord, even tho' a lot of it has ending up in the bin lol. Good luck for the challenge
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann to say it's stunning would be an understatement!!! I love everything about it, so elegant, and beautifully put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a gorgeous card, good luck with the competition!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee what a beaut card love it.

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A funny thing happened while I was looking at your latest creation Ann, I was struck speechless! I honestly can't think of what words to use because none of them would be enough. You deserve to win with this card because I can't imagine anything more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Twinnie - we did it again!! Beautiful card - good luck hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woweee, that is sooo beautiful
    Irene
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card Ann. Good luck in the competition.

    Beryl T xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card so elegant looking
    x Wheezie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vry pretty card - love all the layers.
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, I really love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love this Ann it is so pretty well done with the stampboard too,
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all behind Ann but am trying to catch up - I loved this card, so elegant abd beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x