Thursday, 31 July 2008

Indian Summer


Click on picture to enlarge

This week's challenge on the Joanna Sheen forum is called Indian Summer. When I think of these words I always think of these colours - caused I think by a number of things - India itself, the colours associated with early autumn here and the colours caused by the low suns at that time of year so the background was always going to be my starting point for this. I've put a tutorial for it on my tutorials and tips blog because I tried a new way of playing with the inks. I think that black is so dramatic with these colours so was planning to find suitable images from my Joanna Sheen Dancing with Shadows CD but changed my mind because I just love these stamps. They are from the Joanna Sheen On the Beach set and I stamped them with jet black Stazon then coloured them in with a black pen to create the silhouettes. I then mounted the image onto black and gold mats before adding to the base card. The only embellishments are cuttlebug corners, narrow satin ribbon and a bow from one of Joanna Sheen's Doiley stamp sets stamped onto shrink plastic and coloured in with a sakura clear startdust pen. Thank you for visiting today
Ann x

12 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful the colours are gorgeous! Very warm, I just want to jump into it away from this horrible weather! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning - love your technique - the colours are wonderful and warm - the image is so cute
    Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Ann, beautiful background, lovely stamp, makes me want to rush off to the nearest beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its stunning makes me eel I'd like to be there.

    Lorraine x (wintermelody)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, how gorgeous is that? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love both the background and how you have created the silhouettes - never thought of doing that. Will have to look at my stamps in a different way now. thank you for sharing the idea.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Ann. We had a sunset like this just last night gorgeous.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous - going to check out your techniques blog - tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting technique Ann and beautiful result. I love the colouring of the images with black pen - really original idea! Super card as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunner from you then Ann! I just love everything about this card, colours, images, cuttlebug corners just all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only me again - just wanted to say I have left you something over on my blog
    Many thanks and for my award - it`s much appriecated
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x