Wednesday, 23 July 2008

Bugged Tilda

This card came together in quite an unusual way. I found a project on Splitcoaststampers for a double pocket card and fancied giving it a try. The original project makes a C6 card and I wanted bigger so played about with it to make it a 6 x 6 and also made it a card that opens. I won't go into details about how I did it here because I've done a tutorial for it on my Tutorial & Tips blog so you have all the info there.
I also wanted to use this Tilda image which was part of my gift from Cynthia a few weeks ago so decided to find a way to bring the two together. It's my sister's birthday next month and I love making her cards because she just loves them and the more tactile and interactive they are, the more she loves them! The challenge on Tilda & Co this week is 'it's a bug's life' so gave me the subject for one of the tags. I used an inkadinkadoo stamp of butterflies, dragonflies and bees that I've had for ages and also stamped out a dragonfly and butterfly from the same stamp to use separately and used a clear sakura pen on the wings. The mirri card backing Tilda also has holographic butterflies. On the other tag I used a See D's sentiment stamp. There's plenty of room in these pockets so I may make other things to add to the tags yet to give her more to play with! I hope the card sparks some ideas for you too, thank you for your visit.
Ann x

19 comments:

  1. a great way of combining challenges, love the way you have incorporated the bug themeon the tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely creation Ann. I love the stamps you have used, the colours and those tags are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags TFS
    Check my blog I am doing some blog candy.
    Janette
    SBS20

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Ann - will check out the Tutorial as I would prefer that size myself! Thank you so much for your kind award - I will post this as soon as I have a spare moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love those pocket cards Ann and you have married the themes really well. Smashing tags! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. Like the bugs on the tag :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card Ann, the double pockets are a really neat idea. Thank you for posting your method on your tutorial blog, I have it bookmarked and will have a play when I can.

    Jo
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work of art Ann. So clever and well done on the combining of challenges.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects and there is an award on my blog for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a stunning design - love it
    Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a look see in my blog please Ann - a surprise awaits. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi

    Beautiful card and love the scalloped tags

    TC
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so pretty Ann and you haven't used a Tilda for a long time! I have a pocket card on the top of my "to do" list, I'll be very pleased if it turns out half as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely great Very well done.
    I have left an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm trying to say goodbye for a fortnight but keep having to honour my obligations with all these awards etc. Hope you don't mind being included in this award on my blog as it's for women whose work inspires you and yours definately inspires me. Thanks for putting the pocket card instructions on your tutorial blog. See you in a couple of weeks.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Ann, well done on combining the challengea

    ReplyDelete

I'm always thrilled to receive your comments, thank you for taking the time to leave them x